Introduction to Teneo
Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political & policy risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
This role will be involved in the entire lifecycle of employees during their time with Teneo and will support the essential day-to-day People function. You will support new starters settling into their role, support the six monthly promotion and annual salary review process, manage and support employees with their visa sponsorship and renewals, as well as managing the leaver process.
In addition, there will be opportunities to gain experience in supporting all professional areas within the People Team. This role will suit someone who has a strong administration background with a level of exposure in HR. The ideal candidate will be friendly, approachable, flexible, amazingly organised and proactive, with strong attention to detail.
This role is an integral part of a collegiate, ambitious, and highly professional Global People team that aims to always drive innovation, efficiencies, and progressive people solutions to ensure we continue to be an employer of choice.
- Be a key point of contact for all people-related queries, being the friendly face of the People Team and providing an exceptional level of service to all employees
- Day-to-day management of our HR Information System, Workday, and ensuring all employee records are kept up to date and accurate
- Working with our People Administrator to ensure our new starters are provided with a positive onboarding experience and a smooth first day and integration into Teneo, running first-day welcome meetings and overseeing audit requirements
- Supporting Talent Managers during the employee probation period review, to ensure employees are on track, working alongside People Team colleagues to manage any probation extensions and ensuring timely completion of probations
- Coordination and processing of employee documents throughout the employee lifecycle as required, e.g. promotion and annual pay changes, as well as other contractual changes
- Supporting the administration of all employee benefits, and day-to-day management of our benefits system and pension portal
- Guiding all expectant parents through our parental leave policies including administration of all documents and being the point of contact for any questions before, during and after their leave from Teneo
- Regular reporting and management of holiday and absence records as well as ad hoc reporting needs
- Working with Resourcing teams to provide accurate management of contractors, including IR35 assessments
- Collating monthly payroll data and liaising with the Payroll Manager
- Ensuring accuracy and up-to-date data for various insight spreadsheets to manage resources, Promotions and Talent Management
- Support in the management and logistics of the performance review processes
- Contribute towards providing meaningful analytics to enable business improvement (e.g. exit interview summaries, absence data, headcount reports, start and leaver reports)
- Work closely with the HR Administrators and other People Coordinators to ensure a seamless process in relation to all HR administration
- Support the People Ops Team on any new project initiatives, that will enable us to continually improve the services we offer and to improve the employee experience
Skills & Experience
- Has strong administration skills, with excellent attention to detail, within an HR function
- Has the ability to prioritise a busy and demanding workload, can be flexible and has the ability to adapt to the evolving needs of the business
- Acts with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times and can communicate effectively and openly with people of all levels
- Proactively takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and is passionate about creating a first-class employee experience
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, self-motivated and an idea generator – not satisfied with maintaining the status quo
- A strong team player with a flexible, pragmatic and collaborative approach
- A high level of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism when handling sensitive data
- Strong work ethic and a desire to work in a fast-paced role and passionate about creating an awesome employee experience
- Competitive salary (depends on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Flexible Working options
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office:remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.