Teneo is looking for a talented and driven Senior Consultant with a passion for business, campaigning, and corporate communications to join our team. Teneo is an integrated communications consultancy, providing all aspects of strategic counsel to business leaders and CEOs. This role is primarily to support Teneo’s corporate communication and campaigning accounts, joining a thriving team advising high-profile clients on how to create effective narratives, build positive stakeholder relationships and tell proactive stories which support a businesses’ strategic objectives.
We’re interested in meeting candidates with wide-ranging perspectives, and we’re open to hearing from you whether you currently work agency side, or in-house.
It’s key for us that you can cut across sectors and switch seamlessly between all our disciplines, from reactive issues management to proactive storytelling. And we’d love it if, like us, you’re intellectually curious, creative, collaborative, and eager to learn.
As a Senior Consultant you’ll be responsible for providing the highest quality of service to our clients and play a pivotal role in driving forward activity across multiple account teams, acting as a day-to-day lead for all projects, and establishing a trusted advisor relationship with clients.
Senior Consultants manage and coach our Consultants and Associate Consultants and work into and learn from our Associate Directors and Managing Directors.
Working at Teneo
Teneo works with some of the world’s biggest brands across a wide range of sectors and issues, including energy, tech, FMCG and financial services. Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations. We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Although this role is to primarily support our corporate communications and campaigning clients we actively encourage our people to grow and develop their advisory skills across all our disciplines, including financial and M&A, digital, creative campaigning and corporate communications, change and employee engagement, leadership coaching, sustainability, strategy and research, issues and crisis management, and restructuring and management consultancy, to solve complex business issues for our clients.
As a Senior Consultant at Teneo, you will:
- Provide day-to-day client team direction and management
- Act as a proactive coach and mentor across teams
- Contribute to new business lead development and pitches
- Play an active role in growing clients organically
- Ensure high standards across all teams
- Establish strong client relationships
- Provide in-depth knowledge of client’s business and industries and share this widely
- Keep well informed and use a broad range of sources to build opinion and ideas
Skills and Experience
- Around 6-9 years’ experience in a communications role
- Excellent communications (oral and written) & presenting skills
- Knowledgeable about and adept at working with media and influencers
- Enthusiastic about the importance of creativity in campaigning
- Experience in internal communications is desirable
- Exceptional client (or internal stakeholder) handling skills
- Experience giving high-level strategic counsel
- Confident at quickly becoming a subject matter expert
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Ability to lead, inspire and develop teams
- Ability to anticipate requests before they are received
- A positive, flexible and ambitious team player
- Works well under pressure
- A good grasp of the financial side of account management
What we can offer
New joiners are supported by an induction programmes, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support.
Our face-to-face learning is supported by some 100 modules of e-learning available on our internal knowledge management system.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting, rewarding and one where you can make a real impact to high profile projects.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (with company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible working with office laptop and phone provided
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs. Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office:remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.