Associate Consultant, Financial Advisory – Restructuring and Insolvency
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial advisory and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organisational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
Teneo Financial Advisory
Our global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in all situations – from well-performing to stressed. No two situations are the same, and our advice and approach is tailored to each set of circumstances and client.
Teneo guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress to create liquidity headroom, reduce costs, improve profitability, turnaround or exit underperforming businesses, assess options, address balance sheet stress, communicate appropriately with all stakeholders, more efficiently run their businesses and, ultimately, deliver certainty from uncertainty.
Our expert team also brings market-leading experience in establishing and delivering contingency plans and insolvencies across multiple jurisdictions, providing credible fallback plans to protect value or helping to shape and affect a restructuring.
Due to ambitious growth plans for our new business, we are looking to recruit an Associate Consultant into our Hong Kong Financial Advisory team specifically to support the Restructuring and Insolvency practice. As an Associate Consultant, you will be supporting a diverse range of challenging engagements and will support the leadership team with client service.
- Supporting with client advisory on commercial restructuring issues on a number of high-profile projects
- Supporting a portfolio of insolvency appointments
- Contributing to market research, data analysis and presenting results in clear and compelling reports and presentations
- Producing high quality deliverables within planned timescales.
- Supporting senior team members during client meetings and presentations
- Building sector-specific knowledge and understanding
- Maintaining relevant qualifications and committing to further learning via attainment of professional qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or finance-related subject
- Pursuing or planning to pursue ACCA/ACA/CPA qualifications or equivalent
- Up to 2 years of working experience in an accounting/audit/restructuring role
- A good understanding of generic software systems including MS Word, Outlook and Excel in particular
- Business proficiency in English and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) is essential
- Client focused, ensuring high quality service at all times
- Prior restructuring, insolvency, transaction or private markets experience gained in a professional services company would be advantageous
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Flexibility to meet peak demands when required and prioritise workloads
- Act with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times