Introduction to Teneo
Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political & policy risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity, and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office: remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams, and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.
The People Team at Teneo
This role will primarily be responsible for providing administrative support throughout our offer and onboarding experience, ensuring that new starters to Teneo receive a positive, engaging and seamless welcome to the Company.
The role will suit someone who has a strong administration background with exposure or interest in HR. The ideal candidate will be approachable, extremely organised, proactive and have strong attention to detail.
This role is an integral part of a collegiate, ambitious, and highly professional Global People team that aims to always drive innovation, efficiencies, and progressive people solutions to ensure we continue to be an employer of choice.
- Own the full end-to-end onboarding process for our new starters ensuring a first-class employee experience; including administration of offer letters, contracts, personal details and all offer paperwork through to management and coordination of the onboarding programme
- Responsible for owning and managing the different onboarding programmes across each business area. You will be required to schedule the full onboarding programme for new starters, ensuring they are meeting the relevant people needed to set them up for success in their role
- Coordination with key internal teams such as IT, Office Management and Facilities to ensure a smooth first day; ensuring that they are given timely notification of new starters to kick off their own internal processes
- Creating employee profiles on our HRIS system (Workday), keeping these systems up to date and ensuring the accuracy of data that we hold.
- Be the first point of contact with new starters, to answer any questions relating to the onboarding process, benefits and or contractual-related questions and first-day logistics are handled effectively
- Ensuring that all relevant documents are captured throughout the onboarding process e.g. requesting and following up on references, DBS checks, right to work and Visa checks, as well as other important new starter documentation that needs to be in place
- Responsible for ensuring that all information is captured via the HRIS system for all new starters as part of the monthly payroll data. Maintaining the new starter tracker to ensure it is fully up to date at all times
- Responsible for the end-to-end leaver process including acknowledgement letters, holiday administration and other required leavers administration
- Providing administrative support to the wider People team on other ad hoc projects when required, looking at ways to improve and evolve the onboarding process through the use of technology and standardizing the process
Key Skills & Experience
- Someone with strong administration skills, with excellent attention to detail, ideally within a HR function
- Has the ability to prioritise a busy and demanding workload, can be flexible and has the ability to adapt to the evolving needs of the business
- Acts with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times can communicate effectively and openly with people of all levels
- Proactively takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and is passionate about creating a first-class employee experience
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, self-motivated and an idea generator – not satisfied with maintaining the status quo
- A strong team player with a flexible, pragmatic and collaborative approach
- A high level of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism when handling sensitive data
- Strong work ethic and a desire to work in a fast-paced role
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (with company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible working with office laptop and phone provided