Strategic Planner (Associate Director/Account Director)
Teneo is the global advisory firm, working with the CEOs, CMOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies. Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Globally, our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
Teneo Ireland is Ireland’s leading advisory firm, with service areas covering management consulting, talent advisory, financial advisory, corporate communications & reputation management, brand strategy & marketing communications, sports & entertainment sponsorship, and digital strategy & communications.
In Ireland, Teneo works with the senior leaders of the country’s most renowned brands and businesses including multi-nationals based in Ireland across a wide variety of sectors including retail, construction, banking, energy, insurance, technology, professional services, tourism, manufacturing, FMCG, drinks industry, hospitality, aviation, motor, health and pharma.
We’re looking for an experienced creative thinker to join us as a Strategic Planner at Associate Director (Account Director) level. You’ll bring with you a deep understanding of and experience in developing brand and communications strategy for existing client campaigns and projects as well as new business proposals and opportunities.
You’ll be client facing, and alongside our senior team will have responsibility for managing some of our key clients, leading them to growth.
Operating as part of a global strategic team and reporting at Managing Director level, you will work primarily with our brand strategy, digital strategy and content, and sports sponsorship teams. You’ll be working on areas including creative campaigning, brand strategy, employer branding, online reputation, investor relations communications, and sponsorship activation.
- Shaping and executing communications strategies for omni-channel campaigns that benefit clients and help them reach their business objectives.
- Reviewing a client brief or new business proposal, our strategic lead would be tasked with responding with an insight led campaign concept or direction that could be executed by the studio team
- Align marketing and communications strategy, and customer behavioural objectives to tactical campaign design across multiple dimensions (customer, channel, content) and drive impact
- Designing and running strategy workshops
- Developing qualitative and quantitative research briefs for large scale projects
- Undertaking qualitative and quantitative research for small to medium scale projects
- Analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative research to shape strategy.
- Identifying and nurturing opportunities for growth and creativity.
- Work closely with all areas of the business to spot opportunities to grow the strategic creative footprint and help deliver measurable ROI to existing clients
- Leverage your expert knowledge of how regulated industries e.g. pharma, fin-comms and alcohol can actively operate within an emotional campaigning space without fear of recompense
- Oversee, lead and participate in client strategic sessions, pitches and proposals
- Designing and running training workshops to apply your expertise to upskill the entire team.
- Evaluate emerging trends and technologies and provide thought leadership and perspective for implementing when appropriate
- Proven ability as strategic lead on accounts/projects and in gaining client confidence
- Demonstrated history of successfully designing and executing engagement strategies and campaigns
- Proven analytical acuity with the ability to build research plans, transform key data in to meaningful and actionable insights that lead to informed decision-making
- A sustainability mindset with an awareness of the economic, environmental, societal and governance challenges facing organisations
- An in-depth working knowledge of cultural trends and strategy planning landscape
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confidence in presentations, pitches and proposals with internal teams and clients.
- Excellent collaboration skills in a multi-disciplinary consulting environment
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently, across multiple projects
- Ability to translate strategic thinking into inspirational creative briefs
- Fully trained in industry standard digital research tools
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a creative agency or consulting firm
- Demonstrate a hybrid strategic portfolio / case studies with successful metrics illustrated.
What Teneo offers:
The team at Teneo Ireland is a highly talented & engaged workforce. Our recent employee survey described our culture as fun, friendly and hardworking. 100% said they liked working with all their colleagues.
The employee benefits on offer at Teneo Ireland include:
Flexibility and time off
- Hybrid working and flexible working
- Remote working options available
- 25 days annual leave
- Early finish Fridays
Health and wellness
- Health Insurance contribution
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Annual flu vaccine
- Benefit in Kind reimbursement for gym, fitness classes, sports clubs’ memberships
- Competitive base salary with annual salary reviews
- Annual and new business bonuses also offered
- Fully subsidised life insurance via a group scheme
- PRSA contributions available via payroll
- Bike to Work
- TaxSaver scheme
- Overseas secondments available with the Teneo Global Mobility Plan
- Community and Personal Development
Learning and development opportunities
- Company CSR program
- Fully subsidised access to our online learning program
- Employee resource groups for underrepresented groups and their allies