Business Development Associate Consultant, Senior Associate Consultant - Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Our global Financial Advisory (FA) business advises corporates, creditors, and other financial stakeholders in all situations – from well-performing to stressed. No two situations are the same, and our advice and approach is tailored to each set of circumstances and client.
Teneo guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress to create liquidity headroom, reduce costs, improve profitability, turnaround or exit underperforming businesses, assess options, address balance sheet stress, communicate appropriately with all stakeholders, more efficiently run their businesses and, ultimately, deliver certainty from uncertainty.
Our expert team also brings market-leading experience in establishing and delivering contingency plans and insolvencies across multiple jurisdictions, providing credible fallback plans to protect value or helping to shape and affect a restructuring.
The Clients & Industries (C&I) team drives Financial Advisory business development. This dedicated team oversees opportunity identification and research, sector and key client programmes, and marketing for the Financial Advisory business. We work closely with Senior Managing Directors and staff across the Financial Advisory team to ensure these programmes operate effectively whilst providing support where required.
You will be a core member of the Clients & Industries team. As part of the growth of the Financial Advisory business, we are looking to recruit an Associate Consultant / Senior Associate Consultant. The newly created role will have the opportunity to contribute to business development strategy and have significant impact in a fast-growing Financial Advisory practice.
- A fast-paced internal-facing role, supporting the Clients & Industries function of the Financial Advisory team
- Regular preparation and circulation of central document packages used by the business to support business development strategy (market themes, sector outlook and external watchlist)
- Preparation, and analysis of, regular C&I management information (e.g. sector revenue analysis and Key Account spend analysis) used to develop the business development strategy
- Management of business-wide leads lists and pipeline summary including regular reporting to senior leadership
- Liaison with the wider FA team to ensure information stored in the CRM system (client contact details) is up to date and accurate
- Ensuring key marketing documents, templates and databases (e.g. pitch and credentials) remain up to date and accurately reflect our evolving business and recent activity
- Liaison with wider Teneo marketing team to ensure external website and LinkedIn content is updated regularly to reflect our growing business
- Support for events and other marketing activities as required
- Management of research tool subscriptions to ensure all members of the team have access to required tools
- Liaison with wider FA team to co-ordinate agenda for FA-wide team call
- Contribute to development and production of Insight pieces for external distribution
- Ad hoc support as required to Clients & Industries colleagues
Key Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related subject, or another degree subject with demonstrable interest in finance and financial markets
- Up to 1 year of post-university work experience; work/internship experience within consulting, banking, or private markets is a strong advantage
- Display intellectual curiosity, and an interest in learning about credit markets, debt restructuring and the wider financial services sector
- Commercial awareness and an interest in business development
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across all levels and be a key source of support for senior individuals
- Effective time-management skills and ability to work on several projects simultaneously and prioritise tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgment and ability to handle confidential information
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of and experience using financial data & information sources (e.g. Bloomberg, CapIQ, etc.) is an advantage but not required
Teneo’s culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure, an open and supportive work environment, and our smaller client engagement teams mean greater responsibility early on. To support the progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on Mental Health and Well-being as well as adopting an inclusive environment to allow you to strive & continue to be at the forefront of the market as well as offering competitive pay and reward.
What can we offer you
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity, and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including:
- 25 days annual leave, with an option to purchase additional days
- An additional Diversity, Equality & Inclusion day’s leave
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension Plan (with additional employee contribution options)
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (dependent on length of service), with shared parental leave options
- Additional benefits and options including:
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.