The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
This is an exciting opportunity to join Teneo’s Pension Advisory team - our growing employer covenant and pensions restructuring business. We advise pension trustees, corporates and other stakeholders on all matters relating to employer covenant, including restructuring and M&A situations. Our client base ranges from large corporates and schemes to mid-market employers. We regularly advise in high profile cases and pride ourselves on our innovative solutions to complex issues.
The Pensions Advisory team sits in Teneo’s global Financial Advisory business, which advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. At Teneo, we believe such occurrences present new opportunities for our clients. Opportunities to restore value, raise new capital, pivot in a new direction and ultimately, identify certainty amidst chaos. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals. Integrating the disciplines of Financial Advisory, financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global Financial Advisory team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to Financial Advisory, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
As a Manager you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of engagements with plenty of responsibility for leading workstreams and supporting Directors and Senior Managing Directors in client-facing delivery.
- Project managing all or parts of the engagement, providing support to the Director (or often directly Senior Managing Director) in managing external stakeholders.
- Prepare covenant strength assessment and covenant impact assessment reports.
- Input to advice on options to improve covenant strength and/or mitigate negative impacts of events such as financial restructuring or M&A activity.
- Develop covenant monitoring frameworks.
- Identifying key options in restructuring scenarios.
- Apply an understanding of engagement economics.
- Apply an understanding of financial and risk management.
- Build client relationship skills, sector knowledge and continues to develop leadership skills
- Continue to build technical expertise, broader business advisory and people management skills.
- Understand the UK pensions environment, regulatory environment, market, topical issues and our Financial Advisory propositions.
People and leadership
- Support practice and talent development.
- Provide on-job coaching and development to staff.
- Develop junior staff outside of jobs through appraising and mentoring.
- Support wider Financial Advisory training initiatives.
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Start to own elements of business development including actively supporting business development activities, building and expending your own contact network and supporting Director/ Managing Director-led marketing and sales activities.
- Participate in existing business development programmes and key client accounts.
- Identify opportunities to expand projects as well as opportunities to provide wider Teneo services to existing clients.
- Take responsibility for leading marketing initiatives aimed at specific channels to market, or events.
Key Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent), both time and exam qualified.
- Financial Advisory experience gained either as an advisor within a professional services company, consultancy or investment bank.
- Experience undertaking employer covenant reviews and an understanding of the UK pensions regulatory landscape.
- Understanding of the employer covenant marketplace, its trends and key players (principals and advisers).
- Very strong report writing and analytical skills, including: business analytics, business planning, short term cash flows, financing options. A basic understanding of insolvency principles and practice is not a prerequisite but helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to lead small teams and develop people.
- Ability to conduct business in fluent oral and written English is a pre-requisite.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme. As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines.Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.