The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. Integrating the disciplines of restructuring, financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to financial restructuring, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
Your primary role will be to provide support in our client and engagement acceptance process and particularly performing customer due diligence to ensure compliance with our Anti-Money Laundering regulatory requirements.
We will accept candidates with or without directly applicable experience and full training will be provided as required.
Location: Cardiff or Bristol.
- Performing customer due diligence research utilising online tools, software and sanctions checking solutions
- Reviewing new client and engagement requests and issuing conflict check, Anti-Money Laundering and Risk responses
- Supporting engagement teams with client and engagement acceptance
- Preparation and support on external, regulatory and internal quality assurance reviews
- Supporting the Quality and Risk Management team on other business critical projects and training
- Working effectively in a diverse team within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Key Skills & Experience
- Ability to manage and take responsibility for your work
- Driving forward tasks on a number of projects in parallel
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Experience of Microsoft Teams, Outlook and Excel preferable
Teneo’s culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure, an open and supportive work environment, and our smaller client engagement teams mean greater responsibility early on. To support the progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on Mental Health and Well-being as well as adopting an inclusive environment to allow you to strive & continue to be at the forefront of the market as well as offering competitive pay and reward.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme, training in the tools and processes to the analyst role, with continuous improvement and development achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development. Six-monthly promotion opportunities mean high performers can rapidly rise through the company.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including:
- 25 days annual leave, with an option to purchase additional days
- An additional Diversity, Equality & Inclusion day’s leave
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension Plan (with additional employee contribution options)
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (dependent on length of service), with shared parental leave options
- Additional benefits and options including:
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities