Associate, People Advisory – Hong Kong
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organisational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The Teneo People Advisory team includes more than 70 professionals who are actively engaged in more than 110 projects across executive search, board advisory, and culture and organisational transformation.
With global complexity transforming the way we live, work and relate, leaders need to accurately assess what they have today and build what they need for the future. Teneo’s People Advisory team helps leaders navigate and embrace these changes in the most vital area – their people.
In August 2021, Teneo furthered its growth into the APAC region with the acquisition of executive search firm Anna Whitlam People. The global People Advisory team represents a consolidation of the firm’s Ridgeway, Anna Whitlam People and U.S. Talent businesses. This brings together the collective expertise and objective advice of the expanded global team in a confidential setting to help leaders build thriving organisations.
Teneo is seeking a driven individual who shares our passion to enhance leadership capabilities across organisations and globally. Based in Hong Kong, Teneo is seeking an Associate to join the People Advisory business to partner with high-performing industry experts across a range of projects.
As an Associate, you will primarily be involved in candidate, client, and market research to support our executive search assignments and business development initiatives. You will gather information from a variety of sources, synthesise it and utilise it to create high quality solutions and insights. The insights received from the research enables a targeted approach in relationship building with potential clients and candidates. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the team on highly impactful projects and interact with senior executives at some of the region’s most well-known organisations.
This role requires you to be creative, investigative, analytical, and resourceful for utilising competitive intelligence to conduct talent mappings.
Research & Execution
- Drive research for people advisory projects across executive search, succession planning, organisational design, and landscape benchmarking.
- Analyse and synthesise industry, geographical, and company findings to apply to assignments’ research strategy and/or influence decision-making.
- Serve as an expert in the research process including knowledge of research sources, industries and markets, organisational structures, and companies. Utilise publicly available, subscription-based, and proprietary database resources, social media, and other channels.
- Discover innovative ways to identify high potential talent within a given market in addition to staying abreast of market trends, business intelligence, and competitive information.
- Identified qualified candidate pipeline across relevant industries and top companies and continuously mine for new potential candidates as solutions.
- Create high-quality client documentation (e.g., role specifications, client progress reports, confidential reports, company mappings, etc.).
- Ensure deadlines are met for client deliverables and exhibiting effective time management and organisational skills, with the ability to confidently manage competing priorities.
- Preserve an approach without unconscious bias to conduct research with an objective view.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Build and contribute to knowledge management initiatives that can be converted into intellectual capital through sustaining and continuous improvement, which ultimately facilitate and enhance client servicing and deliverables.
- Develop knowledge service or sector and become a domain expert.
- Proactively building, maintaining, and owning an up-to-date repository of client focused documents, market information and knowledge.
- Maintaining and growing personal knowledge of market trends, changes and talent eg. by supporting assignment execution and building knowledge through assignment work
Business Development Support
- Partner with client servicing leads to develop pitch presentations and write, edit, and format correspondences, including approach, proposals, and case studies.
- Collaborate with the team to build, prioritise, and leverage multifaceted initiatives to improve candidate/client experiences and detect potential business opportunities.
Skills & Experience
- An interest in people and the field of human capital.
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably in business, human resources, or psychology.
- 1-2 years of experience in a corporate setting, ideally from a professional services firm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including business correspondence.
- Exposure to the use of CRM and database systems, as well as Microsoft365 suite.
- Results driven with a high accountability and attention to detail in delivering on commitments.
- Intellectually curious with a strong desire to learn from multiple sources and apply learnings.
- Polished people skills, including a professional telephone manner and ability to interact positively with candidates and clients.
- High level of personal accountability, integrity, and authenticity.