Senior Vice President, People Advisory - Melbourne
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organisational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The Teneo People Advisory team includes more than 70 professionals who are actively engaged in more than 110 projects across executive search, board advisory, and culture and organisational transformation.
With global complexity transforming the way we live, work and relate, leaders need to accurately assess what they have today and build what they need for the future. Teneo’s People Advisory team helps leaders navigate and embrace these changes in the most vital area – their people.
In August 2021, Teneo furthered its growth into the APAC region with the acquisition of executive search firm Anna Whitlam People. The global People Advisory team represents a consolidation of the firm’s Ridgeway, Anna Whitlam People and U.S. Talent businesses. This brings together the collective expertise and objective advice of the expanded global team in a confidential setting to help leaders build thriving organisations.
The Senior Vice President, People Advisory, will play an important role in the growth of the business’ reputation and support revenue and profitability for retained executive search and people advisory solutions at the C-Suite and executive level. They will contribute towards the growth of the Financial Services sector.
A Senior Vice President at Teneo is responsible for making a significant contribution to the company’s reputation, profitable growth and retention of clients. They have responsibility for leading client accounts and supporting teams to deliver to the highest standards. Senior Vice Presidents also play a pivotal role in retaining and developing our best talent both as a client team leader and mentor/coach.
Financial Services Sector Growth
- Support the Financial Services executive search and people advisory offering including, functional best practice structure, and partner with the Teneo consulting business where required to bring value to clients
- Execute the business development plan with clear client targets and agreed revenue targets (individual and business)
- Drive organic and new business growth, and proactively identify opportunities to sell our differentiated approach
- Develop a professional profile, and the thought leadership to position yourself as a subject matter leader
- Actively execute and manage the end-to-end search process for assignments, utilising internal research tools, resources, and methodologies
- Lead day-to-day client and candidate activity, ensuring high standards and establishing strong relationships across the organisation
- Provide in-depth knowledge of client’s business and industries and ensure teams are fully briefed
- Ensure consistency across executive search service delivery by utilising internal systems and processes for the development of proposals, talent maps, candidate screening and interviewing, preparation of candidate longlists and shortlists, candidate assessments and candidate reference reports
- Stay ahead of search and assessment technologies, and trends including changes in AI technology to ensure our leadership status
- Demonstrate a good understanding of other areas of expertise within the business and actively shares knowledge with clients
- Keep well informed and use a broad range of sources to build opinion and ideas. Take personal responsibility for investing in own development, seeking opportunities to learn new things and broaden skills
Research and Talent Management
- Support brand positioning and client service by procuring, maintaining, and managing our “best in class” talent pool, so that our clients have access to the best future leaders
- Serve as an expert in the research process including knowledge of research sources, industries, and markets, organisational structures, and companies. Utilise publicly available, subscription-based, and proprietary database resources, social media, and other channels
- Discover innovative ways to identify high potential talent within a given market in addition to staying abreast of market trends, business intelligence, and competitive information
- Seek out activities that will assist in the development of your professional profile and positioning as thought leaders in the discipline of Financial Services. These may include but are not limited to, speaking at, and or attending conferences, contributing and or publishing specific whitepapers, and contributing to the content on the website and social media channels
- Participate in ‘thought leadership roundtable’ forums (breakfast and lunch events)
- Work with the global People Advisory team to leverage research, white papers and knowledge globally
- Proactively identifies and builds both internal and external global relationships based on trust and respect
- Proven customer centric mindset with experience, in a similar role, coordinating executive recruitment/search activities, ideally from a high-touch consulting and customer centric environment
- Possess executive search industry expertise in the Financial Services, Asset Management and/or Financial Technology space
- Mature professional profile as a practitioner and or demonstrated knowledge/established reputation in the disciplines of general management, marketing, communications, or business
- Demonstrated maturity and interest in developing and growing products and services to meet market opportunities
- Ability to establish long term senior level client relationships by offering valued, high level strategic counsel and has a track record of retaining clients
- Sound written communication skills including general business correspondence and report writing
- Exposure to the use of ATS and CRM and/or similar database systems, as well as the Microsoft365 suite
- (Highly desirable) undergraduate and or post graduate qualifications in business, commerce, marketing, or communications
- You demonstrate a savvy entrepreneurial spirit, with a belief in “anything is possible!"
- Bring a genuine commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated leadership in managing multiple stakeholders while maintaining good relationships
- Present with drive, initiative, as well as being a motivated self-starter
- Bring high attention to detail and take pride in high-performance
- Excellent organisational skills, together with an ability to juggle multiple projects effectively
- Unflappable with discretion, and sound judgement
- Candidate needs to be confident, agile and proactive
- Must display a strong work ethic, high standards and commitment to the role
- Comfortable with working across different timezones