Associate Consultant (Graduate), Value+
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organisational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
Teneo Value+ is a part of the Global Financial Advisory team, which was launched in May 2021 following the acquisition of the Restructuring Services business of Deloitte UK. The Value+ team is focused on working collaboratively with businesses to improve profitability, cash flow and capital efficiency at pace.
We work with both corporate clients and private market investors and support our clients in defining their value creation strategies and execute on them throughout the business or investment lifecycle. Alongside our strategic, operational and transaction capabilities, we also draw upon Teneo’s broader CEO advisory services to deliver the best of the firm to our clients for optimal solutions.
Your responsibilities as an Associate Consultant:
- Working on a variety of projects with both corporate and private markets clients across different industries
- Supporting project team and senior leadership with market research, data analysis, financial modelling and presenting results in clear and compelling reports and presentations
- Participating in projects by presenting own ideas, suggestions and opinions
- Supporting senior team members during client meetings and presentations
- Building sector-specific knowledge and understanding
People and Learning
- Willing to continuously learn, develop and improve both in terms of technical expertise, advisory skills and interpersonal skills
- Creating a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Acting as a buddy/mentor for junior (or new) colleagues and interns
- Building own internal network and external peer-level contacts
- Proactively sharing business development ideas with the team
- Supporting in the planning, preparation and delivery of business development activities and events (e.g., business proposals, white papers, marketing events)
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or finance-related subject is essential - postgraduate degree is an advantage
- Business proficiency in English and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) is essential
- Studying for (or planning to study for) ACCA/ACA/CPA or CFA
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Internship experience within consulting, banking, insurance or private markets is a strong advantage
- International experience (study and / or work) is an advantage
- Ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to continuously develop and improve
- Can-do attitude, pro-activity, maintaining high quality of work and being a strong team-player are essential