Title - Associate Consultant (Performance-Consulting Team)
Location- Dublin, Ireland
Teneo is the global advisory firm, working with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies. Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Globally, our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
Teneo Ireland is a multi-award-winning consultancy with service areas covering management consulting, talent advisory, financial advisory, corporate communications & reputation management, brand strategy & marketing communications, sports & entertainment sponsorship, and digital strategy & communications.
In Ireland, Teneo works with the senior leaders of the country’s most renowned organisations along with multi-nationals based in Ireland across a wide variety of industry sectors including Retail, banking, energy, insurance, technology, professional services, tourism, manufacturing, FMCG, drinks industry, hospitality, aviation, motor, health, and pharma.
An Associate Consultant at Teneo’s Performance Consulting Practice acts as the lynch-pin for practice and client coordination; providing strong project and time management support for the team. They are responsible for providing research, insights, supporting project work and practice development. They ensure that internal practice tasks and key client deliverables are managed and completed in a timely manner.
An Associate Consultant also plays a key role in ensuring new junior team members settle into their roles, providing strong handover documentation and guidance and demonstrating a collegiate approach to working with others.
- Developing strong understanding of the client, stakeholders and the sector you are engaged with
- Builds good client relationships and makes a valuable contribution in meetings (internal and external)
- Interacts with clients in a clear, succinct, confident and approachable manner facilitating meetings, workshops and engagements
- Prepares well for client meetings ensuring timely scheduling, clear agendas and that all appropriate materials/reports are created to a high standard and ready ahead of time.
- Listens and interprets clients needs – developing clear meeting notes and reports post engagements.
- Takes responsibility for coordinating client status and reporting, minuting meetings and tracking actions
- Takes responsibility for client WIP reports, and/or development of evaluation reports, producing these to a high standard
- Manages specific deliverables and eventually workstream delivery for the client
- Proactively highlights opportunities, and potential areas of concern, based on ear to the ground knowledge of the client’s environment/business, feedback, goals, and timelines, seeking solutions and workarounds where necessary.
- Thought Leadership: as part of a team undertake research and analysis to problem solve, developing insights and providing recommendations
- Asks questions and seeks advice from senior colleagues and peers to leverage their experience and build own skills and knowledge
- Stays abreast of political, social and digital trends and techniques to enhance work
- Takes personal responsibility for investing in own development, seeking opportunities to learn new things and broaden skills
- Regularly attends relevant events/briefings/meetings, both online and in person, to build an internal network of contacts
- Commits to upskilling and developing abilities in Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Undertakes task with attention to detail, focusing on always delivering the highest of standards in a timely manner
- Diligently pays attention to detail and provides accurate and consistent quality work which requires limited input/edits
- Produces strong deliverables [PowerPoints, Excel Trackers, Meeting Notes, Word Docs/PDFs, etc.] using clear and digestible language/formats/diagrams.
- Seeks relevant input to work, in a timely fashion, before providing final draft to deliver to a high standard.
- Demonstrates an analytical approach to identifying problems and potential solutions and can think laterally/creatively to mitigate risks and develop alternative approaches
Support of the Performance Consulting Practice
- Looks ahead and proactively manages the coordination of deadlines to support the whole team
- Project coordination: communicating & prioritising tasks assigned effectively, ensuring personal capacity management, managing deadlines and reprioritisation
- Supports new ACs and Researchers/Analysts settle in and understand their role
- Support new business development activity on existing and prospective clients
- Actively monitoring websites / portals and other avenues for new tender / engagement opportunities
- Coordinates the development of necessary documentation for submission
- Builds an understanding of the breadth of Teneo’s offer and seeks opportunities to enhance knowledge of Teneo’s capabilities
- Harnessing their interaction and engagement with clients [ear to the ground] AC’s will flag potential areas of growth for additional TPC offerings and/or wider Teneo offerings
- Undertakes good quality research to identify and develop new practice areas and new client opportunities.
- Makes demonstrable effort to foster good working relationships with peers in other areas of the firm and use these to create better understanding of different parts of the business and our wider offer
- Viewed as a reliable and responsive member of the team
- Exhibits a positive attitude and willingness to do what is required, volunteering to help/get involved (doesn’t wait to be asked)
- Demonstrates a collaborative and collegiate approach to working with others
- Supports and plays their part in ensuring everyone is treated with respect and that we provide a diverse and inclusive culture
- Third – level qualification; Master Degree desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient across Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- An ability to work across multiple tasks, completing them to the highest standard in a timely manner
- Enthusiastic with a curiosity and willingness to learn and progress
- High attention to detail and ability to manage information with complete discretion and confidentiality
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Friendly with a preference of working in collaborative and team-oriented environments
- Degree in Business related subject
- Previous work experience and demonstrable learnings
What Teneo offers:
The team at Teneo Ireland is a highly talented & engaged workforce. Our recent employee survey described our culture as fun, friendly and hardworking. 100% said they liked working with all their colleagues.
The employee benefits on offer at Teneo Ireland include:
Flexibility and time off
- Hybrid working and flexible working
- Remote working options available
- 25 days annual leave
- Early finish Fridays
Health and wellness
- Health Insurance contribution
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Annual flu vaccine
- Benefit in Kind reimbursement for gym, fitness classes, spots clubs’ memberships
- Competitive base salary with annual salary reviews
- Fully subsidised life insurance via a group scheme
- PRSA contributions available via payroll
- Bike to Work
- TaxSaver scheme
- Overseas secondments available with the Teneo Global Mobility Plan
- Community and Personal Development
Learning and development opportunities
- Company CSR program
- Fully subsidised access to our online learning program
- Employee resource groups for underrepresented groups and their allies