Location: Cayman Islands
The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. At Teneo, we believe such occurrences present new opportunities for our clients. Opportunities to restore value, raise new capital, pivot in a new direction and ultimately, identify certainty amidst chaos. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals. Integrating the disciplines of financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global Financial Advisory team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to Financial Advisory, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
As a Senior Consultant in the Cayman Islands you will have the opportunity to use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our clients.
- Providing day to day support to Senior Management
- Producing high quality client deliverables, including contributions to reports to clients (such as liquidation reports and preparation of liquidation accounts and fee summaries)
- Meeting team specific performance targets
- Document management (filing and indexing of engagement specific document, key pitches and credentials)
- Document processing and formatting
- Participating in team wide business development activities and other marketing initiatives including assistance in organising the same
- Assisting in preparing research documents, proposals and other business development and client delivery documents
- Developing your own personal brand
- Building technical expertise
- Building client relationship skills
- Liaising with Teneo contacts, both internal and external
- Assistance with collating and coordinating team wide regulatory submissions
- Ad hoc support to peers and Senior Management
Key Skills & Experience
- Post graduate degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in a professional services firm (preferably an insolvency or public accounting firm)
- Actively pursuing or having completed a professional accounting designation or insolvency qualification
- Acts with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times and is a key source of support for more senior individuals
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills across all levels of people
- Seen as a cooperative team player willing to resolve issues for the good of all
- Proactively takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Calm under pressure and bounces back from setbacks
- Positive outlook, seen as committed and enthusiastic
- Shows initiative and adopts a proactive approach
- Identifies issues and resolves promptly
- Manages and prioritises workload effectively
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme and local training. As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Competitive salary, tax free (depending on residency status)
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- International experience
- 25 days annual holiday
- Pension plan (in line with local labour laws)
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning particularly focused on Financial Services.
- Comprehensive medical and dental scheme
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Opportunities to enjoy a healthy work life balance supported by access to a wide range of social and sporting clubs and short commute times
- Travel opportunities in view of cross border nature of work