This is a unique opportunity for a motivated Consultant from a valuation team within the Big 4 or a leading advisory firm to join the fast growing Valuation Advisory Services practice at Teneo, the global CEO advisory firm.
The successful candidate will be a driven valuation professional who is seeking to join an exciting new team which offers unparalleled opportunities for personal growth and promotion. They should exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit with a genuine desire to provide quality, independent advice and insight to Teneo’s blue chip client base.
As part of a select and highly skilled team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work on complex valuation engagements whilst collaborating closely with a range of industry leading specialists across different teams;
- Use a variety of tools to conduct extensive data analysis and valuation modelling;
- Conduct research, collate information, and develop reports;
- Personally develop through both formal and informal training;
- Interact with clients and provide quality advice, irrespective of grade;
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when working in diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; and
- To have a clear understanding of the company’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
Typical projects will include:
- Fairness/Transaction Opinions and commercial valuations (i.e. M&A, advisory)
- Private Equity and Fund Portfolio Valuations
- Alternative Investments
- Complex Financial Instruments
- Intellectual Property Valuations
- Valuations for Disputes & Litigation
- Financial Reporting Valuations (IFRS, US GAAP, UK GAAP, Dutch GAAP)
- Tax Valuations
Key Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics;
- General understanding of basic core corporate finance and asset/business valuation principles;
- Previous experience in Valuations gained at a Big 4 accounting firm, Investment Bank, or an independent advisory firm is a plus;
- Experience in Financial Modelling in excel at university or previous work experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Fluent business level English is essential but additional European language skills are advantageous;
- Ambitious, with a desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial culture;
- Experienced in using Word and Power Point to develop reports and presentations;
- A strong and flexible work ethic; and
- A confident and enthusiastic team player.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office:remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.