Teneo is a global advisory firm that works exclusively with the CEOs and leaders of the world’s largest and most complex companies providing strategic counsel across their full panoply of key objectives and issues. Our teams integrate the disciplines of strategic communications, investment banking, management consulting, corporate governance, risk, and government affairs to solve for the most complex business and reputational challenges.
Teneo Risk Advisory is one of four business segments within Teneo (alongside Strategy, Management Consulting, and Capital Advisory), focused on offering CEOs a holistic approach to identify, manage, and mitigate operational risks to their businesses.
The business segment, led by former New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton, is comprised of a world-class team of practitioners, investigators, analysts, technical advisors, and strategic partners with a broad array of operational and advisory backgrounds from the world’s most respected corporate, military, intelligence, consulting, technology, public health, and public-safety organizations. Our team’s vast experience and backgrounds render us equipped to address a myriad of internal and external threats which CEOs must navigate daily.
Teneo Risk Advisory helps organizations protect their most valuable assets: people, information, and infrastructure. Our tenet is prevention, problem-solving, and partnership with our clients. We provide comprehensive strategic guidance to build risk awareness, resiliency, and mitigation and also bring an added dimension to our clients’ risk-management capabilities. Our core offerings are Risk Intelligence, Resiliency Consulting (Security and Cybersecurity Risk Management), and Crisis Preparedness and Response.
An Associate within Teneo Risk Advisory is a results-oriented member of our team who works closely with division leadership to evaluate a wide range of physical security threats to businesses and leverage that information to develop client solutions. This role is responsible for helping to assess clients’ physical security needs and produce high-quality assessments and other key content and deliverables for client engagements.
Throughout individual client engagements, the Associate is responsible for working with account leads create client solutions. With very minimal oversight, they are able to independently produce a range of deliverables, such as threat, risk and vulnerability assessments, threat intelligence briefings, corporate security and security programs, and corporate standards, policies and procedures.
Given we work directly with CEOs of major global corporations and their leadership teams, including a large percentage of Fortune 100 firms, and on some of the highest-profile, strategic engagements, we hold our people and our work to the highest standard.
- Directly support the division’s physical security strategy offerings by assisting with physical security reviews of commercial and select residential properties
- Produce high-quality corporate security and resilience deliverables such as threat, risk and vulnerability assessments, threat intelligence briefings, corporate security and security programs, and corporate standards, policies and procedures
- Work with divisional leadership to meet expectations for individual workstreams and projects, including definition of timelines, deliverables, creation of progress reports across the account team and client points of contact
- Research and analyze content from open sources, including social media and digital platforms to produce concise, high-quality written analysis for a range of products
- Flexible to travel as needed (both scheduled as well as unplanned escalations)
- Other duties as may be assigned
NOTE: Experience conducting physical security threat assessments for private and commercial properties – and assisting in the development of mitigation strategies – is required. Applicants without this experience will not be considered.
- A minimum of four years’ progressive experience working in a corporate security or security consulting role is required.
- Experience with project planning and management
- Illustrate strong critical thinking and writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Advanced Excel experience (pivot tables; charts; functions; etc.)
- Critical to this position is effective time management and strong writing and communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple competing priorities and deliverables. The ideal candidate is a fast learner and team player, who will thrive in a demanding, results-driven environment.
Education and Training
- Graduate of a top-tier university; graduate education in the areas such as political science, international relations, emergency management, cybersecurity or resilience preferred.
- Professional training or certification through ASIS or similar organizations a plus
What we offer
As a Teneo employee, you'll enjoy unique benefits including flexible time off policy; medical, dental, and vision coverage; long-term disability, and life insurance; a 401K plan; commuter benefits; team events; snacks; and other perks.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.