The role is within a growing and dynamic centralised Insolvency Delivery Team (“IDT”) supporting all Teneo offices on all insolvency assignments. The role will be within sub-teams with each team dealing with c.50 cases and managing the day to day aspects of all new and existing insolvency cases.
The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. At Teneo, we believe such occurrences present new opportunities for our clients. Opportunities to restore value, raise new capital, pivot in a new direction and ultimately, identify certainty amidst chaos. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals. Integrating the disciplines of Financial Advisory, financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global Financial Advisory team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to Financial Advisory, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty
As an Insolvency Case Administrator, the primary nature of work that you will get involved with will likely include:
- All day to day case administrator responsibilities including:
- Supporting case managers and supervisors with case strategy and delivering case strategy;
- Completing statutory diary lines, compliance returns, case reviews etc.;
- Assisting with trading and processing receipts and payments;
- Drafting letters and statutory documents;
- Preparing progress reports for creditors including receipts and payment accounts and estimated outcome statements;
- Drafting reports to secured creditors where relevant;
Other exercises will include:
- Responding to creditors queries and answering correspondence;
- Preparing and drafting CDDA submissions;
- Agreeing creditor claims and calculating creditor distributions; and
- Preparing receipt and expenses vouchers and journals.
- Supervising the work of secondees from other departments.
- Working with our Joint Venture team to complete tasks.
- Attending site & providing ongoing site support as the local office teams may require.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders (IPs and senior local office team staff) to provide updates on case progression matters and to assist more senior members of the IDT with planning for the delivery of new work.
- Ensuring best practice/firm/regulatory requirements are adhered to and that the firm’s commitment to quality is reflected in all written output for creditors/other external stakeholders.
Key Skills & Experience
- Corporate insolvency experience gained within the restructuring department of a firm or in a specialist insolvency practice, and in particular experience of managing tasks across a case load and using a case management system (e.g. IPS).
- A good understanding of key statutory requirements through the lifecycle of different corporate insolvency procedures.
- ‘Qualified by experience’ and/or holding relevant professional qualifications such as ATT, CPI etc.
- Strong risk awareness, with the knowledge/confidence to escalate risk issues appropriately.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as you would be dealing with all kinds of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in delegating tasks and reviewing the work of more junior staff.
- Experienced in using Word, Excel and Power Point.
- A strong and flexible work ethic.
- A confident and enthusiastic team player.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme. As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Group income protection
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.