We see a significant opportunity to grow our regulatory proposition within Jersey. We are looking for an Associate Director who is experienced in delivering and managing complex projects in the regulated Financial Services space. As an Associate Director, you will have the opportunity to develop and work on a diverse range of regulatory-focused engagements across the Financial Services sector, with plenty of responsibility for leading on-the-ground teams, managing junior staff and supporting Senior Leadership in client-facing delivery.
The successful candidate will be a driven professional with deep regulatory experience who is seeking to join an exciting new team which offers unparalleled opportunities for personal growth and promotion. They should exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit with a genuine desire to provide quality, independent advice and insight to Teneo’s client base across the Channel Islands and further afield.
The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of business change, transformation, reorganisation, and financial stress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. At Teneo, we believe such occurrences present new opportunities for our clients. Opportunities to enhance or restore value, raise new capital, pivot in a new direction and ultimately, identify certainty amidst uncertainty. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals. Integrating the disciplines of restructuring, financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global Financial Advisory team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of transformation, uncertainty, and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to business reorganisation, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
As part of a select and highly skilled team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Grow and develop the regulatory transformation practice in Jersey, actively supporting business development activities and identifying and pursuing potential opportunities using your own contact network as well as supporting existing BD programmes, key client accounts and sales activities led by Senior Managing Directors
- Lead and manage a variety of regulatory projects
- Personally develop through both formal and informal training
- Interact with clients and provide quality advice, irrespective of grade
Typical Projects Will Include
- Regulatory response projects
- Regulatory change management
- Project assurance
- Skilled person reporting
- Project Management
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience in Financial Services and Regulatory projects gained at a large accounting / consulting firm , boutique advisory firm or from a financial services business with significant regulatory project experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent business level English is essential. Additional language skills are advantageous
- Ambitious, with a desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial culture. Teneo is an environment that presents a real opportunity for ambitious individuals as all employees are encouraged to develop their client network and business development skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and evidence of leading clients/ providing advice in challenging / critical situations
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to lead small teams and develop people
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We balance the culture and feel of a boutique-sized company against the great client opportunities presented by working for a larger company.
Our culture is critical to our success. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and collaborative working environment in which strong performers can make rapid career progress. In supporting this, we run dedicated events for mental health and well-being, and ensure an inclusive and transparent environment that allows all employees to flourish.
We recognise that diversity is essential to our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. We are very happy to talk about flexible working, so please do let us know if this something you would like to discuss.