This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside our established team who will support you to utilise and enhance your advisory skills and experience. You will work alongside some of the most experienced practitioners in the field advising the boards, management teams, lenders and shareholders of companies which are underperforming and/or facing any financial stress.
As an Associate Director in the team, you will have the opportunity to work and lead on a diverse range of engagements across all sectors, with plenty of responsibility for leading workstreams, managing junior staff and supporting Directors and Managing Directors in client-facing delivery.
The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Our global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in all situations – from well-performing to stressed. No two situations are the same, and our advice and approach is tailored to each set of circumstances and client.
Teneo guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress to create liquidity headroom, reduce costs, improve profitability, turnaround or exit underperforming businesses, assess options, address balance sheet stress, communicate appropriately with all stakeholders, more efficiently run their businesses and, ultimately, deliver certainty from uncertainty.
Our expert team also brings market-leading experience in establishing and delivering contingency plans and insolvencies across multiple jurisdictions, providing credible fallback plans to protect value or helping to shape and affect a restructuring.
- Preparation of engagement letter(s) and ensuring adherence to all compliance requirements.
- Manage parts of the engagement, providing support to the Managing Director/ Director (or often directly to Senior Managing Director) in managing external stakeholders.
- Support management teams in preparing and challenging business plans, short term cash flow forecasts and Financial Advisory plans.
- Providing comprehensive financial restructuring and cash management services to identify working capital and other cash flow improvements.
- Reviewing and stress-testing integrated business plans, budgeting and forecasting models using a fact-based, data driven approach, including KPI definition, data visualization, reporting automation and touchless forecasting.
- Establishment or enhancement of company finance functions and processes.
- Develop, analyse and present Financial Advisory options using input from other teams, e.g. insolvency or tax analysis, sector and financial modelling. Liaise with the Company’s legal advisors to understand key aspects of legal documentation and also drive any documentation processes (term sheets, waivers, loan documentation etc.)
- Apply an understanding of engagement economics.
- Apply an understanding of financial and risk management.
- Build client relationship skills, sector knowledge and continue to develop leadership skills.
- Continue to build technical expertise, broader business advisory and people management skills.
- Understand the market, topical issues and our Financial Advisory propositions.
People and leadership
- Support practice and talent development.
- Provide on-job coaching and development to staff.
- Develop junior staff outside of jobs through appraising and mentoring.
- Support wider Financial Advisory training initiatives.
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Start to own elements of business development including actively supporting business development activities, building and expending your own contact network and supporting Director/ Managing Director-led marketing and sales activities.
- Participate in existing business development programmes and key client accounts.
- Identify opportunities to expand jobs as well as opportunities to provide wider Teneo services to existing clients.
- Take responsibility for leading marketing initiatives aimed at specific channels to market, or events.
Key Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent), both time and exam qualified.
- Financial Advisory experience gained either as an advisor within a professional services company, consultancy or investment bank; as an analyst in a debt or special situations funds. An understanding of debt markets, banking, loan agreements and other relevant financial and legal documentation.
- Understanding of financial statements and related data to assess historical financial performance and future outlook for client companies and prospects.
- Good understanding of the Financial Advisory marketplace, its trends, and key players (principals and advisers).
- Very strong analytical skills, including: business analytics, business planning, short term cash flows, financing options. A basic understanding of insolvency legislation and practice is not a prerequisite but helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills, with ability to lead mid-large teams and develop people.
- Ability to conduct business in fluent oral and written English is a pre-requisite.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme. As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 1 DEI day
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Cash benefits package
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.