Teneo is looking for a talented and driven Director with a passion for business and financial communications to join our team. Teneo is an integrated communications consultancy, providing all aspects of strategic counsel to business leaders and CEOs. This role is primarily to support Teneo’s financial communications clients, joining a thriving team helping to shape company narratives and influence how major corporate news flow lands with key capital markets audiences to achieve strategic objectives. Our work is wide-ranging and includes equity story development, financial calendar communications, executive profiling, IPOs, restructurings and M&A transactions, crisis management, media relations and ESG, stewardship and governance issues.
We’re interested in meeting candidates with wide-ranging perspectives, and we’re open to hearing from you whether you currently work agency side, or in-house.
We see great strength in our generalist approach so while we value in-depth industry expertise, it’s key for us that you can cut across sectors and switch seamlessly between all our disciplines, from reactive issues management to proactive storytelling. And we’d love it if, like us, you’re intellectually curious, creative, collaborative, and eager to learn.
As a Director you’ll be responsible for providing the highest quality of service to our clients, playing a pivotal role in leading multiple, high-profile account teams, giving strategic counsel to senior clients, regularly providing insight and analysis across our business, and proactively contributing to developing additional business opportunities with existing clients and prospects. Directors manage and coach Senior Consultants and Consultants, and work into and learn from Managing Directors and Senior Managing Directors.
Working at Teneo
Teneo works with some of the world’s biggest brands across a wide range of sectors and issues, including energy, tech, FMCG and financial services. Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations. We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Although this role is to primarily support our financial communications clients, we actively encourage our people to grow and develop their advisory skills across all our disciplines, including digital, creative campaigning and corporate communications, political and regulatory, change and employee engagement, leadership coaching, sustainability, strategy and research, issues and crisis management, and restructuring and management consultancy, to solve complex business issues for our clients.
As a Director at Teneo, you will be:
- Leading large and often integrated teams to develop and deliver financial communications that have real impact for our clients
- Responsible for client servicing, profitability, forecasting and budgeting
- Generating new business leads through networks and proactive opportunity spotting
- Providing insight and intelligence to the business through your experience and network
- Proactively contributing to and fostering the development of junior team members, including line managing 1-3 colleagues
- Challenging the status quo with new thinking, new product development, and new ways of working
Skills and Experience
- 6-9 years’ experience of working in a senior role in financial communications / IR advisory or in-house
- Demonstrable experience in managing teams
- Excellent understanding of financial markets and business media
- Excellent ability to shape and deliver strategic advice to senior level clients
- Able to manage and mentor junior staff
- An engaging self-starter with high attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborator who is able to foster good working relationships
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Comfortable taking the lead on driving performance and revenue
What we can offer
New joiners are supported by a comprehensive induction programme, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support.
Our face-to-face learning is supported by some 100 modules of e-learning available on our internal knowledge management system.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting and rewarding, and where you can make a real impact on high profile projects.
In addition, we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Competitive salary (according to experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (with company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible working with office laptop and phone provided
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs. Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office:remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.