Teneo is looking for a talented and driven Consultant with a passion for business and financial communications to join our team. Teneo is an integrated communications consultancy, providing all aspects of strategic counsel to business leaders and CEOs. This role is primarily to support Teneo’s financial communications clients, joining a thriving team helping to shape company narratives and influence how major corporate news flow lands with key capital markets audiences to achieve strategic objectives. Our work is wide-ranging and includes equity story development, financial calendar communications, executive profiling, IPOs, restructurings and M&A transactions, crisis management, media relations and ESG, stewardship and governance issues.
We’re interested in meeting candidates with wide-ranging perspectives, and we’re open to hearing from you whether you currently work agency side, or in-house.
It’s key for us that you can cut across sectors and switch seamlessly between all our disciplines, from reactive issues management to proactive storytelling. And we’d love it if, like us, you’re intellectually curious, creative, collaborative, and eager to learn.
As a Consultant you’ll be responsible for providing the highest quality of service to our clients and play a pivotal role in driving forward activity across multiple account teams, delivering regular insight and analysis, and supporting clients’ reputational, financial, and strategic objectives.
Consultants manage and coach our Associate Consultants and work into and learn from our Managing Directors, Associate Directors and Senior Consultants.
Working at Teneo
Teneo works with some of the world’s biggest brands across a wide range of sectors and issues, including energy, tech, FMCG and financial services. Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations. We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Although this role is to primarily support our financial communications clients, we actively encourage our people to grow and develop their advisory skills across all our disciplines, including financial and M&A, digital, creative campaigning and corporate communications, change and employee engagement, leadership coaching, sustainability, strategy and research, issues and crisis management, and restructuring and management consultancy, to solve complex business issues for our clients.
As a Consultant at Teneo, you will:
- Build strong client relationships
- Provide advice and counsel to a high standard, delivering reputational and industry insight
- Take a hands-on approach to client-facing preparation and delivery of key financial calendar moments
- Provide support and insight to your client teams, proactively highlighting opportunities and potential areas of concern for clients
- Provide media monitoring for clients and their competitors, using a variety of inputs and tools, to provide wider context and advise on implications
- Monitor sell-side analyst coverage, share price performance and valuation
- Build a strong network of effective relationships internally and externally
- Seek opportunities for organic growth and support on writing new business proposals
- Provide constructive day to day feedback and coaching to more junior members of the team
Skills and Experience
- 3-6 years’ experience in a similar environment within a financial communications agency, or in roles related to public relations/investor relations, the capital markets, financial analysis, management consulting or the media.
- Experience offering client counsel at the appropriate level, based on in-depth insight of client’s business and sector
- Deep knowledge of wider corporate reputational or market issues arising
- Working knowledge of financial reporting and good head for numbers
- Strong ability to grasp clients’ business objectives and relevant wider industry dynamics to enable drafting of messaging and communications materials for financial calendar
- Accomplished media relations skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- A positive, flexible and ambitious team player
What we can offer
New joiners are supported by an induction programmes, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support.
Our face-to-face learning is supported by some 100 modules of e-learning available on our internal knowledge management system.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting, rewarding and one where you can make a real impact to high profile projects.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (with company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible working with office laptop and phone provided
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs. Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office:remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.