This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside our established, team in Manchester who will support you to utilise and enhance your advisory skills and experience. You will work alongside some of the most experienced practitioners in the field advising the boards, management teams, lenders and shareholders of companies which are underperforming and/or facing financing issues.
As a Senior Consultant you will support the leadership team with:
- Client Service – Be a part of project teams on a diverse range of challenging engagements – this will involve advising corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders on Restructuring Advisory, Contingency Planning and Insolvency projects.
- Business Development – Support business development activities and generating sales in the market.
- People and Leadership – Provide guidance and support to team members to create an inclusive environment.
The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Our global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in all situations – from well-performing to stressed. No two situations are the same, and our advice and approach is tailored to each set of circumstances and client.
Teneo guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress to create liquidity headroom, reduce costs, improve profitability, turnaround or exit underperforming businesses, assess options, address balance sheet stress, communicate appropriately with all stakeholders, more efficiently run their businesses and, ultimately, deliver certainty from uncertainty.
Our expert team also brings market-leading experience in establishing and delivering contingency plans and insolvencies across multiple jurisdictions, providing credible fallback plans to protect value or helping to shape and affect a restructuring
- You will be a key team member working on financial restructuring engagements on a day-to-day basis, including managing junior staff.
- Produce high quality deliverables within planned timescales.
- Develop ‘distinctive’ client relationships, contributing to client presentations.
- Innovate new approaches.
- Help to meet team specific performance targets.
- Apply an understanding of financial engagement economics and engagement risk and quality management.
- Build client relationship skills, sector knowledge and continue to develop leadership skills.
- Continue to build technical expertise, broader business advisory and people management skills.
- Understand the market, topical issues and our Restructuring propositions.
People and Leadership
- Support leadership in creating an inclusive environment.
- Proactively support the development of colleagues by providing timely feedback and identifying development opportunities e.g. mentoring/ buddying, supervising less experienced colleagues.
- Continue to develop personal brand.
- Start to own elements of and proactively contribute to business development.
- Demonstrate an expanding network of external and internal peer level contacts which provide opportunities to meet and share ideas on initiatives.
- Assist in the running of a sector or marketing key account team, including participating in, and organising, marketing events.
- Assist in preparing research documents, pitches and client presentations.
Key Skills & Experience
- Fully Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) (both time and exam qualified).
- Analytical with strong IT skills e.g., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook packages.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Restructuring Services/Insolvency with either directly relevant experience, or strong transferrable skills gained in a client facing role within a professional services company (e.g., corporate audit).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to support working in a high-performance team.
- Commitment and willingness to work under pressure, sometimes long hours, always putting the client at the centre.
- Flexibility to transfer skills into complementary offerings such as Debt Advisory or Performance Improvement if market conditions change.
- Ambition to learn and develop further.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme. As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Group income protection
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.