Teneo is a global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
As an intern with Teneo Coaching’s Center of Excellence, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of engagements for a wide range of clients within the Strategy & Communications Advisory. The coaching team prepares executives for media interviews, investor conversations, speakerships, internal and external presentations, congressional testimony, and more. You will be supervised by Teneo’s coaches, who have particular expertise in corporate and political communications as well as journalism, and you will have the opportunity to interact with colleagues across the firm based on client needs. An intern seeking placement within the Coaching Center of Excellence should be a highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and a demonstrable interest in strategic communications and media relations. An interest in government affairs and/or investor relations is a plus.
The scope of work for the intern may include conducting internet research; sourcing and preparing compelling print, audio, and broadcast media clips; creating PowerPoint presentations; drafting and copy-editing written feedback, memos, and correspondence; and generating and/or copy-editing verbatim transcripts.
• Assist in compiling data and conducting analysis to support client and team-related projects
• Work with the media monitoring team to synthesize media postings related to clients, competitors, and relevant events
• Prepare memo materials and client presentations including basic charts and graphs in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Conduct research and develop informed opinions on prospective client businesses
• Support the client engagement process through due diligence and administrative activities
• Gather best practices and pertinent data from authoritative and trustworthy sources and discusses new ideas with supervisors when working on assigned tasks
• Make timely day-to-day job-related decisions based on relevant information, seeking assistance as needed
• Duration: 9-10 weeks
• This is a REMOTE role
• Strong verbal, quantitative, and analytical skills
• Appropriate written and face-to-face communication techniques when sharing information
• Resourceful team player, with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Leadership potential, including high ethical and professional standards
• Ability to prioritize demanding assignments with competing deadlines, and to think on one’s feet
• Good judgment and a sophisticated understanding of the media ecosystem
• Education – Rising College Seniors Only; Coursework in journalism and/or communications strategy preferred; video editing and/or graphic design skills are a plus.