Associate/Senior Associate Consultant, Corporate Simplification Team - Restructuring
The Restructuring Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Restructuring business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. At Teneo, we believe such occurrences present new opportunities for our clients. Opportunities to restore value, raise new capital, pivot in a new direction and ultimately, identify certainty amidst chaos. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals. Integrating the disciplines of restructuring, financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global restructuring team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to financial restructuring, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
The Corporate Simplification Team at Teneo
Teneo’s Corporate Simplification team is a national practice that focuses on advising listed and private clients on their options for restructuring and simplifying group structures. We free up management time and capital for clients through a combination of strategy development, detailed planning and hands-on implementation (including acting as liquidators in Members’ Voluntary (solvent) Liquidation processes).
The role is within a growing and dynamic team supporting all UK offices on Corporate Simplification assignments. The role will be based in Leeds/Manchester/Birmingham.
- Assisting the senior management team with all aspects of Corporate Simplification assignments including wind down planning, providing advice to clients, preparing reports and statutory documents;
- Identifying issues which impact the simplification process, such as solvency requirements and the management of key stakeholders;
- Reporting to clients and providing advice on issues relevant to their corporate groups;
- Ensuring that all compliance, engagement set-up and billing targets are achieved;
- Being a first point of contact for a broad range of clients at all stages of your project portfolio;
- Participation in group marketing initiatives; and
- Ensuring best practice/company/regulatory requirements are adhered to.
Key Skills & Experience
- At least 1 year restructuring experience, preferably including Corporate Simplification/solvent liquidations;
- Existing experience in using a case management system;
- Project management and report writing experience;
- A commitment to producing high quality output focused on attention to detail;
- The ability to work across a portfolio of different projects;
- A track record of dealing with compliance related tasks and working to deadlines;
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as you would be dealing with all kinds of internal and external stakeholders; and
- Experienced in using Word, Excel and Power Point, as all documents we produce and send use these systems.
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure, an open and supportive office atmosphere, and our smaller case teams mean greater responsibility early on. To support the progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on Mental Health and Well-being as well as adopting an inclusive environment to allow you to strive & continue to be at the forefront of the market as well as offering competitive pay and reward.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development. Six-monthly promotion opportunities mean high performers can rapidly rise through the company
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading Salary;
- 25 days holiday;
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme;
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning;
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave;
- Private medical insurance;
- Group Income protection;
- Life assurance;
- Cycle to work schemes; and
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities.