Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm.
Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of companies in Canada and around the world, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political & policy risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities facing Canadian organizations.
Teneo is looking for a highly skilled, dynamic and driven communications professional to join our Toronto or Montreal office.
A Senior Vice President within Teneo is a core member, and often the quarterback, of our client teams. Senior Vice Presidents are responsible for helping execute strategic programs and communications initiatives in support of Teneo’s clients. This may include, but not be limited to online and offline communications strategies and tactics, long-term and rapid response planning, and crisis management. Senior Vice Presidents are highly motivated and dedicated individuals with experience in fields such as corporate strategy, communications, investor relations, government affairs and public relations. Candidates will work closely with account teams and clients to deliver best-in-class service and function as a cohesive unit.
- Develop and execute strategic and communications plans and campaigns on behalf of clients
- Play a senior role on public company client teams, including the development of shareholder communications strategies and advising on corporate governance matters
- Key member, and often quarterback, of “Core Account Team,” working collaboratively with client teams and firm leadership on client initiatives
- Manage day-to-day account work of producing and refining deliverables – including strategic plans, press releases, talking points, Q&A, briefing memos, distributed media materials
- Executes against team objectives and plans as a reliable, adaptable resource for senior team members capable of overseeing others
- Possess strong writing skills with the ability to draft, review and edit communications collateral such as communications plans and other products
- Ability to think creatively, approach communications from new angles, and handle both day-to-day account work and ad hoc client requests
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Possess 8+ years of related experience in political or corporate communications
- Knowledge and understanding of Canadian capital markets including key metrics used by financial stakeholders
- Familiarity with business law and securities disclosure requirements
- Have a strong interest in business, public affairs and geopolitical events
- Display a strong work ethic, high professional standards and dedication to the role
- Thrive in a highly driven and intense environment
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to develop and execute multi-platform communications strategies; familiarity with digital communications is a must
- Bilingualism and having worked in a publicly traded company are not requirements, but would be assets
What we offer
As a Teneo employee, you’ll enjoy unique benefits, including flexible vacation policy; a hybrid work environment; medical, dental, and vision coverage; long-term disability and life insurance; contributions to a retirement plan; and other perks.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.