Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm.
Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of companies in Canada and around the world, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political & policy risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities facing Canadian organizations.
Teneo is looking for a skilled, dynamic and driven communications professional to join our Toronto or Montreal office.
Associates within Teneo are essential members of our account team. An Associate helps build strategic programs and communications initiatives to support Teneo’s clients. Working within our client teams, Associates create digital and offline communications strategies, research issues and companies, contribute to long-term and rapid response planning, and crisis management plans. We’re looking for candidates with experience in fields such as corporate strategy, communications, investor relations, government affairs and public relations. Candidates will work with internal leaders to achieve outstanding service and function as a cohesive unit.
- Support the development of strategic communications plans and campaigns for clients
- Manage daily account work of producing and refining deliverables, including strategic plans, press releases, talking points, Q&A, briefing memos, distributed media materials
- Preparing and delivering briefings to Account Managers and teams for client engagements
- Accomplish team goals and be a reliable resource for senior team members
- Possess strong writing skills with the ability to draft, review and edit communications collateral such as communications plans and other products
- Ability to think creatively, approach communications from new angles, and handle both day-to-day account work and ad hoc client requests
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Possess 3+ years of related experience in political or corporate communications
- Have a strong interest in business, public affairs and geopolitical events
- Display a strong work ethic, high professional standards and dedication to the role
- Thrive in a highly driven and intense environment
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to develop and execute multi-platform communications strategies; familiarity with digital communications is a must
What we offer
As a Teneo employee, you’ll enjoy unique benefits, including flexible vacation policy; a hybrid work environment; medical, dental, and vision coverage; long-term disability and life insurance; contributions to a retirement plan; and other perks.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.