The People Team at Teneo
As a People Advisor within Teneo you'll support on the development and implementation of people initiatives across our business.
This role is an integral part of a collegiate, ambitious, and highly professional Global People team that aims to always drive innovation, efficiencies, and progressive people solutions to ensure we continue to be an employer of choice.
Within this role you'll demonstrate extensive Performance Management & ER knowledge, drive process changes and efficiencies and make decisions in a timely manner that are logical, rational, and well-reasoned as well as be a collaborator across the wider People team function.
As a People Advisor within Teneo you'll:
- Work closely with the People Operations Partner on people operations, systems, analytics, reporting.
- Lead on Employee Relations cases across the business from an end to end delivery perspective including final outcomes, working closely with senior stakeholders and Talent Managers, whilst ensuring the firms compliance with employment legislation
- Provide advice on and resolve employee and manager queries (e.g. probation reviews, policy advice, sickness absence, parental leave, disciplinary, grievance)
- Support People Partners in running a seamless performance review and reward cycle.
- Maintain and accurately process documentation and employee information on our HR Information System.
- Work closely with the People Operations Partner in planning for and successfully implementing Workday.
- Be a trusted advisor to everyone in the firm at all levels; you need to be approachable and a confidential ear to everyone at every level.
- Play a key role in developing the reputation of the People Team as a proactive, innovative, and strategic function, ensuring people decisions are made consistently and fairly.
- Deal with people requests promptly, managing people’s expectations on speed of response.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven experience within Employee Relations & HR Policy and up to date understanding of UK employment legislation to appropriately advise and lead on performance and ER cases.
- Experience in report building, analytics & operations, with a strong attention to detail ensuring all reports, data and written work are correct in detail and without error.
- Operates at a fast pace demonstrating the ability to influence and challenge when needed.
- Acts with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times and is a key source of human resource advice and support for the senior management team.
- Creates an immediate, positive and credible impression on others.
- Actively participates in continual professional development and keeps up to date with trends, technology and possible future policies affecting the firm and our people including any relevant statutory changes in employment law.
- Can skillfully and confidently influence and negotiate and maintains a positive relationship with all parties during negotiations.
- Proactively takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office:remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.