Teneo is a global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations, financial institutions, and organizations. Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
A Vice President within Teneo Strategy is a core member, and often the quarterback, of our account teams. Vice Presidents are responsible for helping execute strategic programs and communications initiatives in support of Teneo’s clients. This may include, but not be limited to, online and offline communications strategy and tactics, long-term and rapid response planning, and crisis management. Vice Presidents are highly motivated and dedicated individuals with experience in fields such as corporate strategy, communications, investor relations, and public relations. They will work closely with Account Leaders and teams to deliver best-in-class service and function as a cohesive unit.
- Serves as a trusted business advisor by influencing client direction in all areas of executive and financial communications
- Demonstrates an understanding of key business drivers for current and potential clients’ communications strategies/solutions accordingly
- Key member, and often quarterback, of “Core Account Team,” working with Account Leaders and teams on client initiatives
- Manage day-to-day account work of producing and refining deliverables – including strategic plans, messaging documents, press releases, talking points, scripts, presentations, Q&A, briefing memos
- Executes against team objectives and plans as a reliable, adaptable resource for senior team members capable of overseeing others
- Fosters an environment in which commitment to quality and client satisfaction is a top priority; leads Teneo to effectively respond to emerging client trends and requests
- Works effectively with Teneo senior management to help identify client needs and works with other Teneo operating divisions to address them in an integrated team effort
- Leadership Skills: strong management and organizational skills with the ability to develop and execute multiplatform strategies for clients while working with the client and Teneo account teams; superior client relationship building and management skills
- Executive Presence: gravitas, confidence, ability to present to a CEO (C-Suite leadership team)
- Financial Acumen: capital markets, accounting and finance, financial modeling, extensive experience with reporting, financial disclosures, quarterly releases, shareholder activism and the regulatory landscape; demonstrated understanding of how strategy and business execution impact financial performance and value creation
- Ability to take complexity and translate effectively; a creative and strategic thinker in the area of reputation management, sees around corners, approaches communications from new angles
- Ability to think creatively, approach communications from new angles, and handle both day-to-day account work and one-off client asks
- Self-starter: based in emerging Boston office with local clients and opportunity to expand market
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 6+ years in corporate communications/ investor relations/public relations; agency and corporate experience relevant
What we offer
As a Teneo employee, you'll enjoy unique benefits including flexible time off policy; medical, dental, and vision coverage; long-term disability, and life insurance; a 401K plan; commuter benefits; team events; snacks; and other perks.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.