This is a unique opportunity for you – a driven and talented financial modeller – to join the Financial Modelling & Analytics Group within our restructuring team at Teneo, the global CEO advisory firm.
You will be working on large and complex cross-team assignments, where your output will be essential to the overall success of the project. Benefiting from high levels of exposure to blue chip clients, ranging from private equity to corporates to public sector, you will have the opportunity to expand your existing skills into a full business modelling offering.
The team is responsible for producing and reviewing models for the entire Teneo restructuring business, including, but not limited to:
- Business plan forecasts
- Capital structure modelling
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and valuation forecasts
- Entity priority models/liquidation analyses
- Short-term cash flows
- Strategic options modelling
- Mergers & acquisitions/Carve-out & divestment
- Working capital and cash flow management
- Cost reduction programmes
Members are expected to be able to work and communicate effectively with diverse teams across the business, often to tight deadlines and with potentially limited client data sets.
Key Skills & Experience
- Part or fully ACA qualified (or equivalent), ideally with first-time passes, or able to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Up to 1 year of experience in financial modelling roles, supporting key clients and projects, in addition to other finance and consulting work or a recent graduate with high expertise using Microsoft Excel
- Strong business diagnostic skills and the ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent MS Excel and data manipulation competencies – other relevant technical analytical and database skills (e.g. VBA, Access, SQL, Python, Anaplan, data visualisation software) are desirable but not essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in financial and operational restructuring is advantageous but not essential – you will receive training as part of the role
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and develop both technical skills and an understanding of business
- Experience coaching and mentoring others
- Demonstrate an effective approach to time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines with potentially limited data sets
- Be client focussed with the ability to establish strong working relationships
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We balance the culture and feel of a boutique-sized company against the great client opportunities presented by working for a larger company.
Our culture is critical to our success. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and collaborative working environment in which strong performers can make rapid career progress. In supporting this, we run dedicated events for mental health and well-being, and ensure an inclusive and transparent environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential to our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. We are very happy to talk about flexible working, so please do let us know if this something you would like to discuss.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities