Associate Consultant (Graduate), Value+
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Teneo’s clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations. Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
Teneo Value+ is a part of the Global Restructuring team, which was launched in May 2021 following the acquisition of the Restructuring Services business of Deloitte UK.
We work with both corporate clients and private market investors and support our clients in defining their value creation strategies and execute on them throughout the business or investment lifecycle. Alongside our strategic, operational and transaction capabilities, we also draw upon Teneo’s broader CEO advisory services to deliver the best of the firm to our clients for optimal solutions.
Your responsibilities as an Associate Consultant:
- Working on a variety of projects with both corporate and private markets clients across different industries
- Supporting project team and senior leadership with market research, data analysis, financial modelling and presenting results in clear and compelling reports and presentations
- Participating in projects by presenting own ideas, suggestions and opinions
- Supporting senior team members during client meetings and presentations
- Building sector-specific knowledge and understanding
People and Learning
- Willing to continuously learn, develop and improve both in terms of technical expertise, advisory skills and interpersonal skills
- Creating a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Acting as a buddy/mentor for junior (or new) colleagues and interns
- Building own internal network and external peer-level contacts
- Proactively sharing business development ideas with the team
- Supporting in the planning, preparation and delivery of business development activities and events (e.g., business proposals, white papers, marketing events)
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or finance-related subject is essential - postgraduate degree is an advantage
- Business proficiency in English and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) is essential
- Studying for (or being willing to study for) ACCA/ACA/CPA or CFA
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Internship experience within consulting, banking, insurance or private markets is a strong advantage
- International experience (study and / or work) is an advantage
- Ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to continuously develop and improve
- Can-do attitude, pro-activity, high-standards and being a strong team-player are essential