Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Teneo’s clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations. Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
Teneo Restructuring was launched in May 2021 following the acquisition of the Restructuring Services business of Deloitte UK. Teneo’s Restructuring business advises corporates, funds, creditors, and other stakeholders in situations of both stress and when looking to maximise value. Value+ is the dedicated arm of Teneo Restructuring that delivers this through a combination of value enhancing advisory, personnel and co-investment solutions.
We are looking to hire a Manager into our Hong Kong team. As a Manager you will support the leadership team with:
- Client Service – Take a day to day lead role on project delivery on a diverse range of challenging engagements – this will involve supporting senior executives of corporates, private capital funds, family offices creditors and other stakeholders.
- Business Development – Support business development activities and generating sales in the market with an alignment to sector and technical skill being also encouraged.
People and Leadership – Being an integral part to leading, identifying, recruiting and developing the local and wider Asia-Pacific Value+ team.
This role suits someone eager to prove their capability to operate at executive level, having already had a solid foundation in financial and data analysis. The candidate is likely to have industry recognized qualifications and have established experience at one of the top investment banking, strategic consulting and/or asset management firms.
The job provides a rare opportunity to work at the most senior level of the worlds’ leading organizations, but also operate within a highly dynamic and entrepreneurial culture. It would suit those who can formulate their own view and possess both an analytical and pragmatic mindset. Indeed, someone who seeks to progress rapidly from junior level to operate more regularly in a C-suite environment and be provided with the encouragement and opportunities to do so. Applicants should have a true interest in the investment sector and demonstrate how they have continually looked to learn and better themselves.
- Manages work-streams of Value+ engagements on a day-to-day basis, including managing junior staff.
- Develops ‘distinctive’ client relationships
- Innovates new approaches
- Manages project plans effectively
- Supports and contributes to client presentations
- Meets team specific performance targets
- Applies understanding of financial engagement economics and engagement risk and quality management
- Builds client relationship skills and continues to develop leadership skills
- Continues to build technical expertise, broader business advisory and people management skills
People and Leadership
- Supports leadership in creating an inclusive environment and manages teams in an inclusive way
- Leads, motivates and develops junior team members, investing in career and feedback conversations with talent managees and engagement teams.
- Engages with teams to identify experiences that support their development
- Continues to develop personal brand
- Starts to own elements of business development
- Demonstrate an expanding network of external and internal peer level contacts which provide opportunities to meet and share ideas on initiatives
- Assist in the running of a sector or marketing key account and sector teams, including participating in, and organising, marketing events.
- Meets team specific business development targets
- Likely to be Chartered Financial Analyst, Accountant or equivalent.
- Proven experience of working in, or advising on strategy, transformational or transaction programs
- Developing analytical skills, including business analytics, business planning, short term cash flows, financing options
- Good understanding and experience asset management, banking, private capital (equity and/or credit) firms and portfolio companies
- Appropriate experience in working or designing performance/value-based frameworks– from financial through to ESG, sustainability and long-term value
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to transfer skills into complementary offerings
- Ambition to learn and develop further
- Strong communication skills to support working in a high-performance team
- Energising team player and cares about personal development – for themselves and others
- Strong work ethic, high standards
- Has interests outside work – to maintain personal balance and wellness
- Educational and/or experienced background in finance e.g. CPA, CFA, MBA, financial modelling etc.
- Local language skills – especially English, Cantonese and Mandarin