Teneo has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and skilled Senior Consultant who is looking to further develop their career in integrated consultancy, with a focus on risk, issues & crisis advisory.
Teneo’s client base spans all sectors, and we work with the leadership of some of the largest public, private, and humanitarian organisations in the world, helping to build resilience in the face of change. An overview of our work includes: risk and crisis advisory for senior clients during live situations; crisis management team support; organisational design for resilience; training and development of leadership teams, advising senior clients on political developments; helping clients to shape and respond to government policy proposals.
Our work includes helping clients navigate political uncertainty, engage constructively and productively with political stakeholders, and achieve business objectives by shaping a positive (or benign) political, policy and regulatory environment in the UK.
A Senior Consultant (SC) at Teneo plays a pivotal role in providing the highest quality of service to our clients. They act as a day-to-day lead for all client projects and oversee team delivery. They have an established and trusted relationship with clients and are the go-to advisor.
Senior Consultants manage and coach our Consultants and Associate Consultants and work into and learn from our Associate Directors and Managing Directors, with the structure of each team varying based on our scope and clients’ needs.
Reputational and political risk is one of the pre-eminent concerns of every board in Britain today. As a Senior Consultant you’d help business leaders position themselves for success during times of opportunity, change and crisis.
- Provides day-to-day client team direction and management and acts as a proactive coach and mentor across teams
- Acting as strategic counsel to senior clients during crises and peace time
- Developing communications strategies that are rooted in business objectives
- Client servicing, profitability, forecasting and budgeting and contributing to winning new business
- Leading new business pitches and bringing teams together to win new work
- Provide political insight and intelligence through political, media and industry networking
- Proactively contributing to and fostering a knowledge-sharing environment with clients and colleagues - seeking new insights, knowledge and expertise
- Ability to innovate on behalf of clients and the team, challenging the status quo with new thinking, new product development, and new ways of working
- Talent management of junior colleagues
- Ensures high standards and establishes strong client relationships
- Provides in-depth knowledge of a client’s business and industries and ensures teams are fully briefed
- Contributes to new business by developing own external network and seek opportunities for organic growth
- Develops relationships with colleagues in London and around the world
- Stays well informed, with a passion for politics and current affairs generally, and sharing knowledge with teams and clients
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a senior role in consultancy essential
- Experience of working inhouse desirable but not essential
- Proven experience in senior risk and crisis advisory
- Proven understanding and application of international best practice is risk, issues and crisis management
- Demonstrable experience in managing client accounts
- Good understanding of local and national government
- Good understanding of international affairs
- Excellent ability to shape and deliver strategic advice to senior level clients
- Able to manage and mentor junior staff, creating an environment for colleagues to flourish and grow skills
- Proven business development experience and ability to cultivate and convert new business leads
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Seen as a credible ‘voice’ to both client and internal stakeholders alike
- A collaborator who is able to foster good working relationships
- Excellent organisational, planning and networking skills
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
About Teneo London
Teneo London advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers.
We’re focused on strategy & communications advisory, working in close partnership with clients to help them address their biggest reputational and business issues. We have four Centres of Excellence – Campaigning, Strategy, Situations and Political, and Financial – but just one P&L, so we enjoy all the benefits of integrated working without the politics.
Teneo is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a welcoming environment where inclusivity is the norm, and our employees genuinely feel they can bring their whole true self to work. Teneo is happy to offer additional support throughout the interview process where needed
What we offer
- Competitive salary (depends on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- DEI Day
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities