Join the UK’s market leading restructuring tax team and make a real difference on a range of high profile and dynamic transactions
Our Restructuring Services Tax team specialises in providing tax advice on the restructuring of financially distressed businesses.
They have built a fantastic track record in recent years, leading on some of the UK’s largest and most complex restructuring processes. These include debt-for-equity swaps, schemes of arrangement, M&A processes and insolvency appointments.
The variety of work really stands out, as does the friendly and supportive nature of the team. The team has a great mix of UK and international transactions work and is looking to recruit a VAT specialist at the manager or associate director level to build on the existing business capability and target a number of exciting developments in the restructuring market. This role is primarily advisory focused but will have a degree of compliance responsibility.
This is a unique opportunity to get involved. The role is technically interesting and personally rewarding.
Your key areas of focus will include:
- Advising insolvency practitioners on the VAT consequences of their intended actions;
- Advising companies, lenders and other stakeholders on the VAT implications of complex restructuring processes;
- Preparing tax reports and other deliverables and advising on the submission of appropriate returns or other documentation to tax authorities;
- Supporting the business development activities of the team (you will have a broad scope to build relationships both internally and with key clients); and
- Contributing to the technical and personal development training of the broader team.
Key Skills & Experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification or experience;
- Strong UK VAT technical skills;
- Strong communication, team playing and project management skills; and
- The ability to perform strongly under pressure.
Prior experience of transactions or insolvency processes is preferred but not essential.
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We balance the culture and feel of a boutique-sized company against the great client opportunities presented by working for a larger company.
Our culture is critical to our success. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and collaborative working environment in which strong performers can make rapid career progress. In supporting this, we run dedicated events for mental health and well-being, and ensure an inclusive and transparent environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential to our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. We are very happy to talk about flexible working, so please do let us know if this something you would like to discuss.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities