Teneo is a global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world's leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
Teneo Risk Advisory is one of four business segments within Teneo (alongside Strategy & Communications, Management Consulting and Capital Advisory), focused on offering CEOs a holistic approach to identify, manage and mitigate operational risks to their businesses.
The business segment, led by former New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton, is comprised of a world-class team of practitioners, investigators, analysts, technical advisors and strategic partners with a broad array of operational and advisory backgrounds from the world’s most respected corporate, military, intelligence, consulting, technology, public health and public-safety organizations. Our team’s vast experience and backgrounds enable us to build programs which address a myriad of internal and external threats for CEO’s and their leadership teams.
Teneo Risk Advisory helps organizations protect their most valuable assets: people, information, and infrastructure. Our tenet is prevention, problem-solving, and partnership with our clients. We provide comprehensive strategic guidance to build risk awareness, resiliency, and mitigation and also bring an added dimension to our clients’ risk-management capabilities. Our core offerings are: Risk Intelligence, Corporate Resilience Advisory, Crisis Preparedness and Response, Cybersecurity Risk Management and Private Client Advisory.
A Managing Director within Teneo Risk is a senior client facing member of our account teams and a leader within the group. As a Managing Director you are responsible for establishing strategic, trust-based relationships with C-Suite clients, defining solutions and executing strategic programs and initiatives in support of their businesses. This may include, but not be limited to helping clients identify vulnerabilities in their businesses, conducting risk assessments of key threats and risks to a company’s security and emergency response readiness, developing and implementing defense measures and robust response tactics, and helping clients build a roadmap for a holistic enterprise security system. Often our client work will result in the execution of the strategic roadmap, thus the ability to establish long-term, trust-based relationships is crucial. Our project work spans both physical infrastructure security and cybersecurity. Typical client engagements are industry agnostic and complex, focused on some of the most high-profile security related issues in today’s world, including large-scale cyber breaches, perimeter defense, insider threat and workplace violence and investigations.
Managing Directors are sophisticated, professional, client facing individuals who are able to deal directly and solely with senior clients on security strategy, transformational security programs, as well as provide counsel or thought leadership on industry trends impacting clients’ businesses. Managing Directors are senior leaders within Teneo and responsible to not only represent our brand and capabilities, but ensure we are delivering best in class service every day to our clients.
Given we work directly with CEOs of major global corporations, including a large percentage of Fortune 100 firms, and on some of the highest profile, strategic engagements, we hold our people and our work to the highest standard.
- Understand the CEO’s agenda related to business resilience, and craft innovative and proactive solutions to advance, expedite, and multiply value or, where necessary, mitigate risk
- Support early threat identification and assessment projects, inclusive of development and implementation of defense and response tactics (can include identification of risk mitigation technologies or process / procedure changes and implementations)
- Work with C-suite executives to stress-test existing defenses and implement new strategies
- Support solution design in order to craft and deliver the most valuable and meaningful solution options for clients
- Conduct audits and interviews to benchmark the client’s current crisis capabilities, plans and tools against our proprietary standards of best practice
- Oversee research into emerging threats, trends in the security and business resilience industry, and advances in technology or methodology and act as a conduit to share these evolutions with technical leadership within the client’s organization
- Evangelize resilience and security awareness and best practices throughout all levels of the client’s organization, considering the tactics, techniques, and procedures employed by malicious actors and how they evolve
- Participate and contribute to the sales and business development of Teneo Risk Advisory
- Define project/program scope, structure deal, contracts and ultimately structure projects including definition of timelines, deliverables, and reporting across the account team, the client, and vendors
- Set strategy and workloads for the account team and deliver high quality client service
- Develop detailed reports and work products as part of the delivery of client work, as well as have the ability to create and communicate executive level briefings
- Proactively and clearly identify issues and risks before they become problematic and escalate with recommended solutions to client or internal Teneo leadership steering
- Expand scope and role of Teneo engagements (increase sales and footprint) and team size through strong partnership and value delivered to clients
- Serve as a role model and mentors to colleagues
- Drive Teneo culture and be a steward of the business at all levels throughout the Teneo organization and in dealings with clients
- 20+ years’ experience as a corporate risk, resilience and security professional in either private or public security as a consultant / practitioner focused on assessment of critical security threats, risks and mitigation strategies, including development of holistic security programs and deployment of such programs.
- Other focus areas of expertise may include critical infrastructure protection, counterterrorism, cyber-risk management, intelligence analysis, and program management
- Has strong experience and demonstrated thought leadership in a given industry or security / risk discipline, particularly in infrastructure protection, crisis preparedness and response and training
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the various enterprise resilience and security components that comprise an effective program today and a keen eye toward what the future entails
- Knowledge of technological trends and developments in physical, technical and information security and risk management
- Able to grasp how new technologies work and how they might be applied to achieve security / risk solutions
- Strong facilitation skills and a clear ability to build relationships with business stakeholders at all levels, including executive managers and vendors
- Proven problem-solving skills, and the ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems, driving solutions through to resolution
- Has strong project management skills and (if applicable) a track record of sales in the security consulting space
- Demonstrates the ability to land and grow teams and is seen as a trusted advisor by clients
- Thrives on the achievement of self and others by fostering teamwork while driving organizational growth
- Maintains an entrepreneurial spirit and is innovative by nature – in ideas, approaches, products, etc., and is energetic and solution oriented in the face of challenges / obstacles
- Approaches complex issues with intellectual rigor and good judgement
- Is powerfully persuasive with the ability to communicate clearly, comfortably, and professionally – both verbally and written
- Shows confidence and polish in presenting proposals and or project documents in front senior, C-Suite and Board-level clients
- Education - Bachelor’s degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred but not required
- CPP or other professional designations in the security space ideal but not required
What we offer
As a Teneo employee, you'll enjoy unique benefits including flexible time off policy; medical, dental, and vision coverage; long-term disability, and life insurance; a 401K plan; commuter benefits; team events; snacks; and other perks.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.