The Restructuring Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Restructuring business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. At Teneo, we believe such occurrences present new opportunities for our clients. Opportunities to restore value, raise new capital, pivot in a new direction and ultimately, identify certainty amidst chaos. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals. Integrating the disciplines of restructuring, financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global restructuring team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to financial restructuring, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside our established team who will support you to utilise and enhance your advisory skills and experience. You will work alongside some of the most experienced practitioners in the field advising the boards, management teams, lenders and shareholders of companies which are underperforming and/or facing financing issues.
As a Manager in the team you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of engagements across all sectors, with plenty of responsibility for leading workstreams, managing junior staff and supporting Directors and Managing Directors in client-facing delivery.
- Project managing parts of the engagement and appointments, providing support to the director/ managing director (or often directly Senior Managing Director) in managing external stakeholders
- Supporting management teams in preparing and challenging business plans, short term cash flow forecasts and restructuring plans
- Developing, analysing and presenting restructuring options using input from other teams, e.g. strategy or tax analysis,
- Managing a portfolio of insolvency appointment, engaging with key stakeholders and supporting Insolvency Practitioners tending to statutory requirements
- Liaising with the Company’s lawyers to understand key aspects of legal documentation and also drive any documentation processes (term sheets, waivers, loan documentation etc.)
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution Understanding and actively managing the Company’s risk from take-on through to completion of engagements
- Actively support business development activities , building your own contact network and supporting Director/ Managing Director-led marketing and sales activities
- Participating in existing business development programmes and key client accounts
- Identify opportunities to expand jobs as well as opportunities to provide wider Teneo services to existing clients
- Take responsibility for leading marketing initiatives aimed at specific channels to market, or events
- Actively support practice and talent development
- Provide on-job coaching and development to staff
- Develop junior staff outside of jobs through appraising and mentoring
- Support wider business training initiatives
Key Skills & Experience
- Financial restructuring, insolvency or transaction experience gained either as an advisor within a professional services Company, consultancy firm, bank or investment bank; as an analyst in a debt or special situations fund of benefit, however not essential.
- An understanding of debt markets, banking, loan agreements and other relevant financial and legal documentation
- Good understanding of the restructuring, insolvency and transaction marketplace, its trends, and key players (principals and advisers)
- Very strong analytical skills, including: business analytics, business planning, short term cash flows, financing options, an understanding of insolvency procedures and practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent reporting writing and financial analysis skills
- Ability to lead small teams and develop people
- Ability to conduct business in fluent oral and written English is a pre-requisite;
Teneo offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme. As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities