Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We balance the culture and feel of a boutique-sized company against the great client opportunities presented by working for a larger company.
Our culture is critical to our success. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and collaborative working environment in which strong performers can make rapid career progress. To support this, we run dedicated events for mental health and well-being, and ensure an inclusive and transparent environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential to our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. We are very happy to talk about flexible working, so please do let us know if this something you would like to discuss.
The Restructuring Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Restructuring business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals. Integrating the disciplines of restructuring, financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global restructuring team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to financial restructuring, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
The Clients & Industries team drives Restructuring business growth. This dedicated team oversees opportunity identification, sector and channel programmes and marketing for the Restructuring business. We work closely with Senior Managing Directors and staff across the Restructuring team to ensure these programmes are operating effectively and provide support where required.
You will be a core member of the Restructuring Clients & Industries team. As part of the growth of the Restructuring business, we are looking to recruit an experienced Marketing and Events Manager to provide dedicated support to the Restructuring team. The newly created role will be to shape and execute the marketing activities undertaken by the Restructuring team – covering thought leadership, relationship development activities and flagship client events. You will work closely with marketing colleagues across the global Teneo business, and report directly to the Restructuring Clients & Industries lead.
- As a Marketing and Events Manager within Teneo’s Restructuring team you will:
- Work with senior leadership to develop and refine the overall Restructuring marketing plan
- Execute the overall Restructuring marketing plan
- Build the Restructuring team profile through publication of thought leadership, internal and external events, third party sponsorships and restructuring & insolvency industry events
- Ensure Restructuring marketing collateral (presentations, brochures, website content) is refreshed on a regular basis to reflect business growth
- Take ownership for development of the Restructuring marketing content & events calendar, working closely with marketing colleagues across the Teneo business to ensure connectivity
- Collaborate with multiple teams including design, digital and client facing teams to create content for Teneo’s website and various digital platforms, including LinkedIn and Twitter
- Be responsible for end-to-end management and delivery of Restructuring client events including:
- UK and international client roadshows
- Industry events
- Personalised client events through to large (500+ attendee) client events
- Coordinate global Restructuring marketing activity and events alongside local teams
- Manage Restructuring client contact information and distribution lists within Teneo’s CRM system
- Report on the effectiveness of all marketing channels, to inform the ongoing Restructuring marketing strategy
- Be flexible, adaptable, reliable, and prompt when taking on tasks or supporting colleagues when required
- Take time to ensure briefs are understood to produce the correct deliverables in a high quality and timely manner
- Prioritise competing workloads, tight deadlines and own key stakeholder business updates and reporting
Key Skills & Experience
- The candidate will ideally have spent 2+ years working in a marketing or events management role, with experience in the following areas:
- Experience creating, planning, and managing marketing campaigns or events end-to-end
- Social Media: experience with various mediums/channels/tools
- Events Management: able to fully market and run events for internal and external audiences, both online and in-person
- Content Creation: experience in creating content in different formats (written, video, audio) and share/promote them through different media
- Project Management: highly structured, data-driven, organised, and have the ability to work to tight deadlines to provide practical solutions on multiple projects
- Stakeholder Management: experience managing senior stakeholders
- Inter-office liaison: working with our teams across the UK as well as other global offices (particularly New York) to ensure a coordinated marketing approach
- The candidate will have intellectual curiosity, a high attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Experience of Restructuring, whilst ideal, is not considered essential
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities