Teneo’s global government and public affairs offering provides strategic counsel and tactical execution to the leaders of large and complex businesses on navigating today's volatile geopolitical landscape. Our team provides political intelligence derived from our experts' deep understanding of political dynamics and unrivaled networks, developed over decades in every major market. We advise on policy response, and we optimize outcomes by developing effective narratives and securing the best possible positioning through advocacy, media relations, thought leadership and stakeholder outreach. We offer sophisticated stakeholder mapping, detailed audits and sentiment analysis, insights on how clients’ competitors are engaging stakeholders and specific recommendations on action.
Teneo’s Washington, DC office is seeking an Associate to join its US Government and Public Affairs team. The Associate will apply their understanding of the political and policy environment – primarily at the federal level, but state and local as needed – to support the team and the broader Firm on a variety of projects. These tasks will range from updates for internal Teneo staff, to deliverables for clients as a core member of account teams, to business development efforts. Clients, and therefore the stakeholders and issues involved, hail from every major industry, and many require multifaceted support. The Associate will often manage the government and public affairs portion of an account that includes other workstreams and Teneo personnel from around the world.
- Help develop and execute strategic and communications plans and campaigns on behalf of clients
- Key member, and often quarterback, of “Core Account Team,” working with Account Managers and Leaders on client initiatives
- Manage day-to-day account work of producing and refining deliverables – including strategic plans, press releases, talking points, Q&A, briefing memos, distributed media materials, and others – and preparing Account Managers and Leaders for client engagements
- Executes against team objectives and plans as a reliable, adaptable resource for senior team members capable of overseeing others
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to execute multi-platform communications strategies; familiarity with social media recommended
- Experience in preparing content for Account Managers and Leaders to pitch to print, broadcast and online reporters
- Ability to think creatively, approach communications from new angles, and handle both day-to-day account work and one-off client asks
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Congress, federal agencies, and White House
- 4 or more years of experience in government, public affairs, political and policy developments
What we offer
As a Teneo employee, you'll enjoy unique benefits including flexible time off policy; medical, dental, and vision coverage; long-term disability, and life insurance; a 401K plan; commuter benefits; team events; snacks; and other perks.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.