Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Teneo’s clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations. Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
The Investor Relations Analyst supports and informs client teams in the investor relations department with analysis and monitoring of sell-side research, qualitative and quantitative benchmarking, and other ad hoc research projects. S/he will be integrated into client teams and supervised by senior account managers. In addition to monitoring and research projects for clients, IR Analysts help to identify and/or research new business opportunities. IR Analysts should be highly motivated and dedicated individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and keen critical thinking skills.
IR Analysts are expected to remain in the position for 12 to 18 months. After this time, successful IR Analysts move into the Consultant role within the Investor Relations department.
Our charter calls upon us to:
- Serve clients with the highest levels of trust, professionalism, and integrity
- Attempt to do something extraordinary for our clients every day
- Anticipate client issues and needs
- Get it right the first time
- Execute flawlessly
- Monitor sell-side analyst coverage and other market trends for clients, competitors and related events using a variety of inputs and tools
- Provide analysis of major events related to capital markets (earnings calls, investor days, conferences, major transaction announcements, etc. )
- Support client teams around issues such as M&A, IPOs, management transitions, shareholder activism and other special situations
- Develop briefings for senior management ahead of major corporate events
- Conduct in-depth research on topics of importance to clients
- Assist client teams in developing presentations for client meetings
- Ensure daily reports and ongoing monitoring is delivered on a timely basis
- Attend internal meetings to gain understanding of the key issues and seek feedback from account leaders
- Support IR team with document management and other administrative tasks
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Teneo’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Critical thinkers who are eager to learn, detail-oriented and possess strong research, writing and analytical skills
- Team players with ability to juggle multiple assignments and work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Basic financial literacy and understanding of capital markets and trends
- Knowledge and interest in current events
- Experience with financial databases and analytics tools is a plus (e.g. Factset, CapIQ, Bloomberg, Nasdaq IR Insight, Activist Insight, )
- Able and willing to work early mornings and late evenings, when necessary
- Suggested work experience: 0-1 years’ experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent – preferably in finance, economics, or related field
What we offer
As a Teneo employee, you'll enjoy unique benefits including flexible time off policy; medical, dental, and vision coverage; long-term disability, and life insurance; a 401K plan; commuter benefits; team events; snacks; and other perks.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.