Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm.
Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political risk advisory, restructuring, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
We are looking for a Managing Director with strong corporate advisory expertise and a deep understanding of environmental, social and governance issues, particularly from an investor perspective. As a Managing Director, you would sit within the financial communications team at Teneo in London, working closely with other areas of the business. Relevant expertise would most likely have been acquired in an ESG-focused in-house role or at another consultancy, but could also come from an ESG focused role at a financial services organisation. While we are flexible on background, a deep understanding of evolving investor expectations and practices in this area; comprehensive knowledge of environmental, social and governance issues; and broad experience of corporate best practice and reporting are essential, as are commercial acumen and a track record in advising large corporates at senior executive level.
As a Managing Director within Teneo, you will be enthusiastic and energetic as well as able to shape the ongoing development of a market leading offering in this fast evolving space in conjunction with colleagues in Financial Communications and across Teneo’s other centres of excellence in the UK and internationally. The individual will lead client relationships and ensure we deliver the highest quality service to our clients at all times, will actively promote the development of ESG expertise across the business, and will play a key part in the ongoing evolution of our wider sustainability and purpose offerings.
- Deliver brilliant advice and develop outstanding solutions for our clients to help optimize their capital markets and wider positioning on ESG matters
- Provide expert counsel to Teneo’s clients on engagement with investors, including preparation for ESG specific events, one-on-one meetings with executive and non-executive directors and management of the AGM process
- Oversee the production of actionable research for clients including peer analyses, benchmarking, ESG ratings audits, assessment and comparison of corporate reporting frameworks and pre-meeting briefings
- Cultivate new ESG business opportunities and contribute to Teneo’s wider new business lead development and pitches
- Foster strong client relationships
- Develop Teneo’s ESG advisory reputation in the market through, inter alia, creation of compelling and original thought-leadership and social media content
- Actively build ESG expertise across the business, and provide expert counsel on ESG issues to internal clients
Key Skills & Experience
- A credible and experienced ESG advisor to listed companies and ideally private equity
- Expertise across the ESG landscape, including reporting standards, proxy advisors, raters, investors, policy, NGOs
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate best practice
- Strong buy-side relationships – in particular with ESG specialists
- Understanding of the drivers of ESG related capital flows
- Track record of developing engaging thought leadership
- Ability to lead a team and work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Collaborative and commercial approach
- Strong client relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication skills
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure, an open and supportive office atmosphere, and our smaller case teams mean greater responsibility early on. To support the progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on Mental Health and Well-being as well as adopting an inclusive environment to allow you to strive & continue to be at the forefront of the market as well as offering competitive pay and reward.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development. Six-monthly promotion opportunities mean high performers can rapidly rise through the company
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading Salary
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities