Teneo is looking for a Legal Counsel to support our expanding and evolving operations across its Strategy & Communications, Consulting & Restructuring businesses in EMEA and other regions outside of the United States. This is an excellent opportunity to join Teneo’s global legal team (with team members based in London and New York) and be the second member of the legal team outside of the US. This role is based in London and will support and report into the London based, Associate General Counsel.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, commercially minded and collaborative junior lawyer who is keen to take on the challenge of a generalist in-house role. You’ll have intellectual curiosity, a high attention to detail, the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and enjoy working as part of a supportive team.
As Legal Counsel within Teneo you'll:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including professional services agreements, data processing agreements, vendor supply agreements, confidentiality agreements and influencer agreements
- Assist with updating and creating precedents
- Provide day to day advice to business colleagues on a wide variety of legal issues including data protection, intellectual property, employment matters, compliance, real estate and litigation. This will involve working collaboratively with legal and business colleagues to identify risks and provide solutions-driven, commercial advice
- Manage KYC requests
- Have a good understanding of UK/European data protection legislation and support on data protection initiatives and governance processes in the UK and other jurisdictions
- Assist with developing and implementing new processes and, policies as needed, based on legal and regulatory requirements, industry standards and best practices.
- Support the development and delivery of training to the business to manage legal risks
- Support on general company secretarial tasks such as companies house filings; drafting simple board and shareholder resolutions, updating PSC and UBO registers
- Assisting with corporate matters, for example M&A, reorganisations, incorporating new group entities
- Prioritise competing workloads and tight deadlines.
Key Skills & Experience
- Qualified lawyer in England & Wales with 1-3 PQE
- Ideally have spent some time working in-house or on secondment with experience of working in a smaller legal team
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Organised and able to work independently without a lot of administrative support.
- Ability to explain legal principles to non- legal colleagues at all levels in the business.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness
- Ability to work independently but recognise when to escalate issues.
- Additional European languages are advantageous.
About Teneo London
Teneo London advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure, an open and supportive office atmosphere, and our smaller case teams mean greater responsibility early on. To support the progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on Mental Health and Well-being as well as adopting an inclusive environment to allow you to strive & continue to be at the forefront of the market as well as offering competitive pay and reward.
- Competitive salary (depends on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities