Teneo has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and energetic Associate Director who is looking to further develop their career in political consultancy. Teneo’s client base spans industry sectors, and we work with the leadership of some of the largest publicly listed and private companies in the world, helping to shape company narratives and influence the political and policy environment in which they operate. An overview of our work includes: advising senior clients on political developments; helping clients to shape and respond to government policy proposals; developing communication strategies that showcase client best practice; supporting clients to communicate their positions to political stakeholders; commissioning original research on client areas of interest. With an integrated approach to servicing client needs, you will also have the opportunity to work alongside other Teneo teams such as Campaigning, Financial Communications, Consulting, and Teneo Intelligence and alongside our offices in Brussels, Washington and New York.
At Associate Director level we typically look for candidates who have 7-10 years’ experience and have worked in a similar consultancy environment.
- Leading large and often integrated teams to deliver strategies that have impact for our clients
- Acting as strategic counsel to senior clients
- Developing political campaign strategies that are rooted in business objectives
- Client servicing, profitability, forecasting and budgeting
- Growing existing client briefs and contributing to winning new business
- Leading new business pitches and bringing teams together to win new work
- Generating new business leads through networks and proactive opportunity spotting
- Provide political insight and intelligence through political, media and industry networking
- Proactively contributing to and fostering a knowledge-sharing environment with clients and colleagues - seeking new insights, knowledge and expertise
- Ability to innovate on behalf of clients and the political team, challenging the status quo with new thinking, new product development, and new ways of working
- Playing a role in the management of the political team at Teneo
- Talent management of junior colleagues
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a senior role in public affairs consultancy essential
- Experience of working inhouse desirable but not essential
- Have trained many clients in what to say and do in front of a parliamentary select committee
- Demonstrable experience in managing client accounts
- Excellent understanding of local and national government
- Excellent ability to shape and deliver strategic advice to senior level clients
- Experience of drafting press releases, key messages and consultation material
- Able to manage and mentor junior staff
- Proven business development experience and ability to cultivate and convert new business leads
- An engaging self-starter with high attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Seen as a credible ‘voice’ to both client and internal stakeholders alike
- A collaborator who is able to foster good working relationships
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent networking skills
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Excellent understanding of budgets and financial management
- Comfortable taking the lead on driving performance and revenue
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
We’re an ambitious, global agency who allow candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. If you possess the skills and drive and understand the relationship between trust, reputation and value, this will be the place for you!
What else you can expect?
Continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression.
We have a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support. Our face-to-face learning is supported by some 100 modules of e-learning available on our knowledge management system – the Ecosystem.
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus’
- Flexible working
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension contributions
- Competitive flexible benefits
- Programme of social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office:remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.