An Associate Consultant (AC) in Teneo’s Campaigning team is the lynch-pin for account coordination and provides strong project and time management. They’re responsible for providing great insights and staying ahead of news and developments from key stakeholders. They ensure that all client reporting is completed and shared in a timely manner.
Associate Consultants help ensure new junior team members settle into their roles, demonstrating a collegiate approach to working with others. They work into and learn from our Consultants, Senior Consultants, Associate Directors and Managing Directors, with the structure of each team varying based on our scope and clients’ needs.
We are looking for candidates who have a real passion in this sector, with wide-ranging perspectives who, like us, are intellectually curious, creative, collaborative and eager to learn.
Campaigning at Teneo
We define campaigning as creating high impact moments over time, and at scale, that cause audiences to pause and think about an organization. It’s communicating in an organized and active way, towards a goal.
Our approach is to consider all audiences which is why we’re built to be different. In a climate that no longer respects boundaries or disciplines, we are not limited by sector divisions or traditional silos like ‘consumer’, ‘corporate’ or ‘digital’. We organise our skills and expertise under one campaigning approach – drawing on disciplines including social, digital, traditional media relations, content creation, employee engagement/internal comms, issues management – to reach the audiences that matter.
We bring together sophisticated researchers, brilliant creatives, well-connected media operators, expert brand and social strategists, financial market specialists, geopolitical intelligence, organisational change specialists, as well as seasoned political and social campaigners.
- Build good client relationships and provides strong coordinate for client work and teams
- Understand the importance of managing deadlines and proactively communicating about progress against them
- Reliable and responsive with a positive attitude and willingness to get involved without waiting to be asked
- Contribute to new business by developing own external network and seek opportunities for organic growth
- Develop relationships with colleagues in London and globally
- Stay well informed and share knowledge with teams and clients
Skills and Experience
- Around 6 months to 4 years’ experience in a communications role
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to build good client relationships
- Ability to make valuable contributions in internal and external meetings
- Good listening skills
- Good attention to detail
- Experience generating good quality research and presenting insights in a useable and engaging way
- Appetite to build their own skills and knowledge and willingness to ask questions along the way
- Enthusiasm about creativity and campaigning
- A positive, flexible and ambitious team player
About Teneo London
Teneo London advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers.
We’re focused on strategy & communications advisory, working in close partnership with clients to help them address their biggest reputational and business issues.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure, an open and supportive office atmosphere, and our smaller case teams mean greater responsibility early on. To support the progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on Mental Health and Well-being as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. We are very happy to talk flexible working so please let us know if this something you would like to discuss.
What we can offer
New joiners are supported by a two week-long induction programme, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression.
We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support.
Our face-to-face learning is supported by some 100 modules of e-learning available on our internal knowledge management system – the Ecosystem.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting, rewarding and one where you can make a real impact to high profile projects.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (with company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible working with office laptop and phone provided
The successful candidate, must by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.