A Senior Consultant (SC) in Teneo’s Campaigning team plays a pivotal role in providing the highest quality of service to our clients. They act as a day-to-day lead for all client projects and oversee team delivery. They have an established and trusted relationship with clients and are the go-to advisor.
SCs manage and coach our Consultants and Associate Consultants and work into and learn from our Associate Directors and Managing Directors, with the structure of each team varying based on our scope and clients’ needs.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with varied experience and wide-ranging perspectives. They’ll be able to cut across sectors and switch seamlessly between all disciplines, from risk, issues & crisis management, to proactive storytelling. Like us, they’ll be intellectually curious, creative, collaborative and eager to learn.
Campaigning at Teneo
We define campaigning as creating high impact moments over time, and at scale, that cause audiences to pause and think about an organization. It’s communicating in an organized and active way, towards a goal.
Our approach is to consider all audiences which is why we’re built to be different. In a climate that no longer respects boundaries or disciplines, we are not limited by sector divisions or traditional silos like ‘consumer’, ‘corporate’ or ‘digital’. We organise our skills and expertise under one campaigning approach – drawing on disciplines including social, digital, traditional media relations, content creation, employee engagement/internal comms, issues management – to reach the audiences that matter.
We bring together sophisticated researchers, brilliant creatives, well-connected media operators, expert brand and social strategists, financial market specialists, geopolitical intelligence, organisational change specialists, as well as seasoned political and social campaigners.
With over 100 of us, Campaigning is the largest of London’s four Centres of Excellence, alongside Financial, Political and Strategy, and everyone here gets the chance to work on integrated accounts
Our Campaigning clients include Instagram, McDonald’s, Tesco and RBS and we’re proud of the brilliant work we do for all of them, as well as having one of the best staff retention rates in the industry.
Situations and Political Consulting at Teneo
We help leaders build trust, manage disruption and remove barriers to long-term business success.
The issues we deal with are often multidimensional, multi-market and multi-stakeholder. Focused on reputation, strategy and execution, we are configured to succeed in a world that isn’t confined by boundaries or disciplines.
We bring a deep understanding of the perspective and attitudes of clients’ key stakeholders and create strategic solutions, mediated by management of the key risks they face.
We have supported leaders of businesses and humanitarian organisations around the world to manage shifts in stakeholder expectations, the challenges of new competition and reputational traumas that threaten their licences to operate. These threats can play out as political, legal, governance or policy threats; stakeholder pressure and campaigns; or business underperformance or disruption – all of which create pressure for companies, their leadership and boards.
- Provide day-to-day client team direction and management
- Act as a proactive coach and mentor across teams
- Contribute to new business lead development and pitches
- Play an active role in growing clients organically
- Ensure high standards across all teams
- Establish strong client relationships
- Provide in-depth knowledge of client’s business and industries and share this widely
- Stay well informed and readily share insights and findings on a broad range of business topics
- Have a special interest in risk, issues, crisis and politics and share knowledge with teams and clients
Skills and Experience
- Around 6-9 years’ experience in a communications role
- Interest and previous experience in risk, issues & crisis management, either preparedness or live response
- Excellent communications (oral and written) & presenting skills
- Knowledgeable about and adept at working with media and influencers
- Enthusiastic about the importance of creativity in campaigning
- Exceptional client (or internal stakeholder) handling skills
- Experience giving high-level strategic counsel
- Confident at quickly becoming a subject matter expert
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Ability to lead, inspire and develop teams
- Ability to anticipate requests before they are received
- A positive, flexible and ambitious team player
- Works well under pressure
- A good head for numbers
About Teneo London
Teneo London advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers.
We’re focused on strategy & communications advisory, working in close partnership with clients to help them address their biggest reputational and business issues. We have four Centres of Excellence – Campaigning, Strategy, Political and Financial – but just one P&L, so we enjoy all the benefits of integrated working without the politics.
- Competitive salary (depends on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
The successful candidate, must by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.