The Management Consulting Team at Teneo
Our Management Consulting division focuses on answering key strategic questions for business and public-sector leaders through our mix of senior experience and rigorous analysis, combined with the unique expertise that exists across Teneo. We operate across a diverse array of sectors including Consumer Goods, Healthcare, Leisure & Hospitality, Software, Transport, and TMT, amongst others. Within these markets, we provide strategic, operational, and due diligence support, advising reputable FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 firms, key public-sector organisations, and leading private equity houses.
As a Senior Consultant you’ll be an accomplished, consistent, effective member of the Teneo Consulting team whose focus is on providing expert support to case Managers, Directors and Managing Directors in the efficient delivery of cases, as well as managing smaller cases or discrete work streams within larger, more complex cases.
As a Senior Consultant you’ll:
- Provide solid case delivery support and work stream management and leadership on the four main competency areas: Research, Analysis and Insight, Technical Skills, Case Delivery
- Demonstrate the complete case skill set required in terms of insightful thinking, experience, and knowledge across all competency areas
- Lead discrete workstreams and manage smaller cases directly with Manager, Director or Managing Director support
- Have a proven ability to manage (both down and across) multiple discrete work streams – plan the work for the team, whilst translating and incorporating Managing Director views and requirements but with support always available from Managers and wider project leadership where required as well as through coaching and mentoring channels
- Develops the “answer” from initial hypothesis through refinement and validation
- Manage case/workstream team on a day-to-day basis, delegating and planning workload whilst also providing coaching support
- Work independently with minimal need for support
- Ability to handle day-to-day liaison with client team, empathising with client issues and escalating concerns where appropriate
- Ability to lead presentations of conclusions confidently and engagingly and/or present the output to the client
- Carry out business development work and form part of the wider internal teams within Teneo Consulting
- Build on client relationships and actively coaches team members.
Key Skills & Experience
- 4-5 years’ relevant work experience ideally within a Consulting environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Highly logical and numerate, with excellent communication skills and creativity
- Evidence of leadership, ambition, and teamwork alongside relevant work experience
- Degree Qualified (2.1 or above preferred) in any degree discipline
- Operates at a fast pace demonstrating the ability to influence and challenge when needed.
- Creates an immediate, positive, and credible impression on others
- Ensures all reports, data and written work are correct in detail and without error
- Can skillfully and confidently influence and negotiate and maintains a positive relationship with all parties during negotiations
- Proactively takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Working knowledge of a major European language is an advantage but not essential
- Specialisation not expected, however preference will be considered in allocation process (where competence is consistent across all sectors)
About Teneo London
Teneo London advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure, an open and supportive office atmosphere, and our smaller case teams mean greater responsibility early on. To support the progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on Mental Health and Well-being as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. We are very happy to talk flexible working so please let us know if this something you would like to discuss.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development. Six-monthly promotion opportunities mean high performers can rapidly rise through the firm.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Competitive salary (depends on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities