Senior Consultant, Strategy
The Strategy team helps companies make the right choices to determine strategies that build and protect trust and reputation, unlocking value.
We help companies:
- identify what reputation, with whom, is required to achieve business objectives
- determine where key audiences stand today, and what drives their perceptions
- define what they stand for as a business, their winning territory in contentious debates, and the arguments that genuinely change minds.
- shape the organisational, functional and individual capabilities required to deliver strategies with winning outcomes.
Our approach is audience-led and evidence-based, using research and insight at every stage of our projects.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join the Strategy team at Teneo in London. A Senior Consultant (SC) in the Strategy team plays a pivotal role in providing the highest quality of service, overseeing team delivery day-to-day for client projects. The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
Research management and insight creation
- Experience managing large-scale research projects focussing on the general public
- Experience presenting complex research to senior internal or external clients
- Experience in qualitative research techniques such as structured, depth interviews and focus groups
- Experience in making communications and/or marketing recommendations based on consumer and/or stakeholder research
- Show great aptitude, enthusiasm and flexibility in learning new research methodologies
- Ability to develop a research brief and research plan in response to questions asked by team leaders and other senior colleagues
- Experience in other research techniques such as market research, opinion polling, desk research or digital analytics.
- Ability to analyse primary quantitative data using Excel and draw out the most interesting aspects for a client.
- Experience of conducting statistical analysis of quantitative data, and proficiency in a standard statistics packages, for example, R, SPSS, or Stata.
- Academic training in the measurement of public attitudes and behaviours, in disciplines such as psychology, political science, marketing, statistics or economics.
Using research for strategy
- Able to understand what research conclusions are important and relevant to the key strategic questions we work on
- Develop draft strategic recommendations and campaign ideas based on research findings
- Collaborate with colleagues planning communications and campaigns activity to deliver end-to-end solutions for clients: from research, through to strategy, through to execution.
- Act as a coordinator for major projects, reporting back to the client on progress and key deliverables
- Undertake day to day liaison with clients, understanding how their priorities may change, setting clear expectations and ensuring that team leaders are aware of any potential issues
- Show understanding of the strategic challenges our clients face and make relevant suggestions for how they should respond
- Create compelling, concise and professional presentations for clients that you either deliver yourself or are delivered by your colleagues
- Manage and prioritise your workload when working on multiple different projects.
- Ensure team leaders are kept abreast of progress and are made aware of any issues or opportunities.
- Manage and support junior colleagues, ensuring they are thoroughly briefed and understand what is expected.
- Help shape the direction of a client account: pre-empting client needs and identifying opportunities to add more value and expand the relationship.
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office
Benefits Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (with company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible working with office laptop and phone provided
The successful candidate, must by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.