An Executive Assistant (EA) at Teneo plays an integral role supporting senior business leaders and is responsible for providing best-in-class administrative support to both the teams and individuals that they work with. They are responsible for providing a seamless foundation of administration that allows teams to function, as well as working closely with the Executive(s) to proactively support and anticipate their needs and understand their priorities. They are able to pre-empt issues or problems before they arise, working closely with the Executive(s) to find solutions. They are empowered to make decisions on behalf of the Executive(s) and act as a point person for when their Executive(s) is unavailable. EAs are also responsible for building relationships with counterparts at client organisations and across the Teneo network.
- Complex diary management across multiple time zones at a senior level
- Planning and management of travel arrangements and itineraries, for very busy diaries, with an awareness of Executive(s) priorities
- Scheduling of external and internal meetings, organising project meetings (including kick-offs, progress updates, wash-ups, case reviews) and arranging rooms/catering as required
- Assisting with operational aspects of the Executive(s)’ business development such as project set up forms and letters of engagement
- Additional administrative responsibilities which may include (but are not limited to) filing - keeping files, libraries and marketing collateral up to date, maintaining records, expenses, invoices, timesheets, contact lists and databases
- Producing and proof-reading high-quality correspondence, documents, packs and presentations when required
- Provides email management as and when required, ensuring correspondence is prioritised and followed up in a timely manner
- Is a point of contact when their Executive(s) is unavailable – dealing with very senior personnel on their behalf
- Holds key relationships with counterparts EAs/PAs at client offices and builds knowledge of key clients
- Manage business-sensitive information in a professional manner and maintains the highest levels of confidentiality
- Understands the role goes beyond the traditional working day, including having to support Executives(s) in evenings and weekends or when they are travelling or working with overseas teams
- Supports other EAs during times of leave or sickness and creates a supportive and efficient environment for the wider support team to work in
- Is flexible and adaptable in taking on new tasks or supporting other areas of the business when required
- Leads by example, including demonstrating teamwork with colleagues and participating in Operations team meetings or events to enhance the office environment
- Demonstrates a collegiate and collaborative style, actively getting to know peers across the firm and using this to better understand all areas of Teneo’s offer
- Acts as ambassador for the firm and is able to explain Teneo’s offer effectively
- Supports a learning culture and plays an active role in sharing knowledge and insight, as well as attending relevant training to ensure required competency as well as seeking opportunities to broaden skill set
- Is committed and enthusiastic and creates an environment which is collegiate and client-centric
- Creates a positive and highly professional atmosphere with a can-do attitude, always focused on pre-empting issues/problems and being solutions focused
- Looks ahead and helps prepare Executive(s) for upcoming events or meetings and keeps a day and week (or more) ahead view
- Responsible for the proactive management of inbox and calendar for Executive(s)
- Anticipates diary/calendar changes and responds accordingly, including anticipating necessary pre-brief or debrief meetings
- Responds to emails and is empowered to make decisions on behalf of Executive(s)
- Sources information/documents from relevant sources ahead of meetings to prepare Executive(s)
- Actively finds solutions to enable the Executive(s) to complete tasks or attend meetings
- Supports senior leaders directly with their clients and teams and where necessary, provides administrative, presentation or research support to ensure client projects can be delivered at times of time pressure or resource constraints
Skills and Experience
- Has extensive experience supporting business leaders in senior management roles
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines with excellent time management and a real instinct for prioritisation
- Capacity to switch between detailed work and the bigger picture in a way that allows them to anticipate Executive(s)’ needs
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to familiarise self quickly with the Teneo brand and quality guidelines/IT systems and kit, administrative processes and internal systems
- Develops high quality documents i.e., credentials/agendas/letters
- Takes an advisory role on company policies and procedures and has in-depth knowledge of the different business practices, leadership teams and specialist skills, knowing who to go to for what
- Assists with the project management of their Executive(s) day-to-day projects and work and helps them and project teams by developing timelines, bringing in required resources or skills and ensuring the smooth-running of projects
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support the progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on Mental Health and Well-being as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office:remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities