A Consultant with an expertise in Campaigning is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to our clients and plays a pivotal role in managing client’s day-to-day plans and project-based scopes of work. They set high standards and play a key role in monitoring the quality of work and ensuring agreed timelines are met. They also play a key role in supporting junior team members’ development.
Consultants manage and coach our Associate Consultants and work into and learn from our Managing Directors, Associate Directors and Senior Consultants, with the structure of each team varying based on our scope and clients’ needs.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with varied experience and wide-ranging perspectives. They’ll be able to cut across sectors and switch seamlessly between all our disciplines, from reactive issues management to proactive storytelling. Like us, they’ll be intellectually curious, creative, collaborative and eager to learn.
Campaigning at Teneo
We define campaigning as creating high impact moments over time, and at scale, that cause audiences to pause and think about an organization. It’s communicating in an organized and active way, towards a goal.
Our approach is to consider all audiences which is why we’re built to be different. In a climate that no longer respects boundaries or disciplines, we are not limited by sector divisions or traditional silos like ‘consumer’, ‘corporate’ or ‘digital’. We organise our skills and expertise under one campaigning approach – drawing on disciplines including social, digital, traditional media relations, content creation, employee engagement/internal comms, issues management – to reach the audiences that matter.
We bring together sophisticated researchers, brilliant creatives, well-connected media operators, expert brand and social strategists, financial market specialists, geopolitical intelligence, organisational change specialists, as well as seasoned political and social campaigners.
- Contribute to making Teneo a stimulating, stretching and dynamic place to work
- Seek opportunities for organic growth and introduce us to new contacts
- Manage projects with a forward view to anticipate needs and potential issues
- Deliver client-ready work
- Advise to high standards
- Quickly become a subject matter expert for our clients
- Build a strong network of effective relationships internally and externally
- Stay well informed and shares knowledge with teams and clients
Skills and Experience
- Around 3-7 years’ experience in a communications role
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to anticipate client needs and act on them without being directed
- Ability to act as a role model to junior colleagues
- Experience offering client counsel at the appropriate level, basing recommendations on a good understanding of client’s business and sector
- Good listening skills
- Ability and appetite to challenge a brief
- Strong project management skills
- Appetite to build their own skills and knowledge
- Enthusiasm about creativity and campaigning
- A positive, flexible and ambitious team player
- Good head for numbers
- Works well under pressure
About Teneo London
Teneo London advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers.
We’re focused on strategy & communications advisory, working in close partnership with clients to help them address their biggest reputational and business issues.
What we can offer
New joiners are supported by a two week-long induction programme, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression.
We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support.
Our face-to-face learning is supported by some 100 modules of e-learning available on our internal knowledge management system – the Ecosystem.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting, rewarding and one where you can make a real impact to high profile projects.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (with company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible working with office laptop and phone provided
The successful candidate, must by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.