Europe, one of the world’s fundamental business epicenters, represents a crucial aspect of Teneo’s global offering.
Our London hub is Teneo’s largest office by headcount, and our on-the-ground presence in other key markets in the region ensures that our clients receive the most relevant and seamless counsel on their most pressing business matters. Our broad service offering firmly establishes Teneo as one of the leading strategic advisory firms in the European market.
Please see below for more information about joining our team in Europe.
The Teneo team in Brussels work across all key European markets, offering strategic advice to senior leaders of some of Europe and the world’s largest companies, on their most complex regulatory and reputational challenges and opportunities.
We are always keen to hear from people with experience in government relations, communications, reputation management or management consulting.
For more information, please contact BRUemail@example.com
Teneo’s business in Ireland is a multi-award-winning consultancy with service areas covering: corporate communications and reputation management, brand strategy and marketing communications, sports and entertainment sponsorship, and digital strategy and communications.
For more information on joining our team, please contact: DUBfirstname.lastname@example.org
London is Teneo’s largest global office by headcount, with consultants drawn from across disciplines including strategy & communications advisory, management consulting and political risk analysis. For general inquiries about a career with Teneo’s London team, please contact LONemail@example.com
Management Consulting in London
Teneo’s management consulting business segment helps executives and investors bring their transformational initiatives to life, advising on how to make and implement better strategic decisions to help them fully realize their business goals. Our global team is comprised of over 100 professionals in offices in the U.S., Europe and the Middle East.
Strategy & Communications Advisory in London
We have a proven, integrated approach to help clients anticipate, prioritize, avert and surmount great challenges and achieve profound transformations. We support chief executives, their boards, and the communications, corporate affairs, investor relations, and marketing teams of the world’s largest organizations. In the UK, we are a highly-motivated team with an eclectic mix of experience and backgrounds. We share an enthusiasm for clear thinking, strategic clarity, audience-led insight and powerful creativity.
Graduate Development Programme
Teneo’s London-based, strategy & communications advisory graduate development programme is 15 years old. Our approach is to develop consultancy careers and our trainees stay with us for many years. You will develop wide-ranging skills across strategic consulting, financial communications, political and regulatory advice, and reputation management and campaigning.
Successful applicants have a chance to work for a wide range of clients drawn from the world’s leading brand owners, public and private companies, and public sector organizations.
What you will learn:
- You will receive the best possible training and development opportunities. Our investment in you is considerable.
- The 12-month program will begin in September 2019, with two intensive weeks of training. You’ll meet a variety of experts within the business and learn skills that will be needed for your new role as a trainee consultant.
- Beyond this, you’ll receive regular training sessions throughout the year, to ensure you are constantly developing and flourishing within your role. Throughout the program, you will be fully supported by the graduate development team, your personal talent manager and a buddy.
What we look for:
- A genuine interest in strategic consultancy and communications.
- A proven ability to be proactive and self-starting.
- An ability to pinpoint insights that lead to intelligent and creative problem-solving.
- Teneo is committed to recruiting candidates from a range of backgrounds and experience and is an equal opportunities employer.
The closing date for applications for the September 2019 intake of the London graduate development program is midnight (UK time) on Friday, 21st December 2018.
Three steps to success
Step 1: Intellectual curiosity
To apply, please construct an email that includes all of the below information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Area of interest (this will be one of the four specialisms within Teneo London. The options are: reputation management, campaigning, public affairs or financial communications. However, if you have no preference, please state ‘any.’)
- Foreign language skills (please specify if spoken, written or both and proficiency.)
- How you heard about our graduate programme.
As an attachment to your email, please include your CV plus a statement of no more than 400 words, demonstrating your thirst for knowledge. This needs to cover how in your everyday life you seek out knowledge and new experiences, and what insight, learning, and different ways of looking at the world have you gained from these experiences. We also want to know how you share that knowledge with those around you.
Remember, we are looking for intellectually curious people with a passion for problem solving, insight and creativity. At this stage, we want to hear about you, your interests and achievements to date. Later in the process we’ll ask you to tell us what you know about our company and the industry.
Application emails are to be sent to LONfirstname.lastname@example.org
Any emails sent without the ‘thirst for knowledge’ statement or a CV will not be accepted.
Closing date: Midnight on Friday, 21st December 2018.
Step 2: Understanding and passion for reputation management and communications
In mid-January, we will contact the candidates we would like to invite to the next stage – approximately 50. If selected, you will then be asked to:
- Provide a short written (400 words max.) or 2-minute long video response (MP4 format) to demonstrate your understanding of the sector and the challenges and opportunities you see for communications. It might be helpful to think of an example of an interesting piece of work, or a campaign you have heard about and why it worked well.
- We will then invite 35-40 candidates to come to our offices to learn about us, our work and our clients. This visit will also provide an opportunity to meet our staff and the graduate team. You will have a short interview, engage in a team exercise and we will try to answer any questions you may have.
Date for your diary: Wednesday 6th February 2019, all day.
Step 3: Assessing potential
Of the candidates who impress us most, 15-20 will be selected to attend a full assessment day. The purpose of this is to simulate, as closely as possible, some of the activities you will be involved in if you join us. At times, you will be working in groups and at others individually. The only thing you are required to prepare in advance is a presentation in response to a selection of topics provided to you seven days beforehand.
You will find out whether we want you to join our team a few days after this final assessment day.
Date for your diary: Wednesday, 13th February 2019, all day.
Start date: The candidates we invite to join us will start in early September 2019.
For further information about our programme, please email LONemail@example.com and one of the graduate recruitment team will get back to you.
Applicants must be available for both assessment dates listed above.
Please note that applications will be considered across the group but with a focus on our London office.
All applications require the candidates to work, live and possess the right to remain indefinitely in the UK. If you are unable to fulfill the criteria, we very much regret that we cannot consider your application.
We recognize that the quality of our consultancy relies on the quality of our people. Teneo’s London-based senior team consists of individuals with unrivaled experience, intellectual strength and commitment to results-driven execution. We are constantly looking for independent thinkers with problem-solving abilities to tackle the leadership challenges of today and tomorrow.
We recruit regularly at all levels. Previous consultancy experience is not essential if you can demonstrate how you would apply your particular skills to our wide-ranging client portfolio.
To learn more about career opportunities in London for experienced hires, please contact LONfirstname.lastname@example.org